T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with ink not going through on the screen. This has happened on 2 different screens so far. This is block letter design so there is not alot of detail. A small amount of ink wont go through on a part of the screen it is very small but big enough to notice on the shirt. I have tried using the screen cleaner that is supposed to clean the screen but does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how to save the screen without having to reburn the image?

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about, although I haven't experienced it since switching emulsions (use ulano proclaim now). Anyhow I found that re-rinsing the screen for a few seconds on the problem spot solved the problem. I think the issue (for me at least) was that a thin film of the emulsion would form over the washed out area (the problem areas were always on the edges, not in the middle). Also screen wash doesn't remove it because of course emulsion is resistent to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using DXP as the emulsion right now.. Basically what i did to fix this is i put reclaimer on a qtip went over the troubled area then put some water on it and it fixed it.. Just want to avoid this problem in the future.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hoaxclothing said:
I am using DXP as the emulsion right now.. Basically what i did to fix this is i put reclaimer on a qtip went over the troubled area then put some water on it and it fixed it.. Just want to avoid this problem in the future.
After washing out my screen I use a compressor with very low pressure to blow remaining water out of the screen....this keeps the film from forming in the washed out areas......

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
you can use a 1500 psi pressure washer to risne your screens. Just dont get too close as it can blow out the emulsion you want to stay.

Trick #1
Spint in to arae and rub your fingers on both sides. The acid in your spit will remove the problem area. Be careful this can weaken the emulsion.

Trick #2
Carefully use a spot gun. this will pound out the area. Can also blow out the emulsion you want on the screen.

Both of these work real well.

Like Chuck mentioned the pressure washer is a great help and a musth for any print shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts