T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ink Mixing Software-Mixing Your Own Ink

If you know where to look and if you search hard enough, you can find some ink mixing/management software. Although some have nagscreens constantly popping up asking you to register they are usable while others are time-limited but some are not.

Here is a free web-based ink mixing program

Rutland Online Color Mixing Calculator
Rutland Plastic Technologies

Although you need to used specific inks or PMS colors to obtain the exact colors this should give you some ideas as starting point.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
"If you know where to look and if you search hard enough" may pinost na ako d2 na software for pantone matching..matsui color matching system..hindi na kailangang online sa internet para lang magmix ng color..pero gaya nga ng sinabi mo, e2ng mga software na ito ay intended for their own inks..if you think about it, paano kaya nagmimix ng colors ang mga suppliers like tulco..malamang meron silang software for their respective pigments na binebenta..

Matsui-Color | Color Matching System

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
May pantone din rutland on-line.

May Color filter ang Rutland on-line (#3). If you enter gold, lalabas ang lahat ng mix na gold but in this case iisa lang siya which is PMS 872 Purdue Gold. Click calculate at lalabas ang tamang mix. If you click green may apat na lalabas so you select among the 4 greens.

Sa Display Unit naman (#5) you can ask the program to display the recipe by weight or by volume like Fluid ounces, liter (easily converted to ml or cc), etc.

Meron din software ang wilflex, union ink, rutland office version, and others pero forgot the links. Search for them.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Found the following bookmarks.

Rutland Plastic Technologies
More on ink management I think

Union Ink Company | Screen Printing Inks
Ink Mixing

But can't find Wilfex yet. It also has downloadable PS actions for easy convertion of images to various halftones.

The Rutland On-line Color Mixing Calculator above is slower but is good, if not better than most programs. I just wished it can show the recipes in pantone colors (as ingredients). But others have ink management features like ink costing if that is important to you. I think I saw a program where you can define your own mix although I can't quire pinpoint which.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts