T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are printing on a manual press and the ink sometimes comes out very shiny almost like a vinyl press on but splotchy. we are using plastisol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are many factors: the colour of the plastisol especially with higher pigment values such as red orange.
Its hard to say without sighting but trace your steps back to the start, too lower mesh count, soft squegee thus too much ink film going down.
In saying that my high build prints stay a matt finish i just slow my belt down for a gloss.
Ink/batch history, an old pot of colour with an additive not labelled, mixed with that white that did'nt flash in there....
Heat/curing test a few colours same screen same squegee flash and cure are they all glossy?
or is it just that colour?
All glossy? there is a severe overcure in the dryer check your temp and time the shirt in the oven too for belt speeds.
Garment: polyesters always tend to look more glossy than cotton tees if overcured.
Additives: Dulling pastes or try 2% of suede or puff additive which will matt the colour down.
Flashing: if the colour appears very tacky and needs a bit more than usual and sticks to the next screen spot the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
And I forgot...
Pitting means some ink has not cleared the mesh fillaments this could be caused by a powder additive in the ink or simply squegees not sharp too soft use a 70 duro blade 15-20 degree angle you must get the base colour or first hit cleared firmly then flash now the print is sealed but don't hit the second too light or too fast or you will get pitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts