T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am printing a shirt it seems that there are color skips, on a solid color image. A Dark purple line then lighter purple etc. When the image is all supposed to be a solid color. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

I have tried manually cleaning the wiper blade, the edges around the rectangle thing by the wiper blade & doing an ink head cleaning. Nothing is helping!

:(

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I am printing a shirt it seems that there are color skips, on a solid color image. A Dark purple line then lighter purple etc. When the image is all supposed to be a solid color. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

I have tried manually cleaning the wiper blade, the edges around the rectangle thing by the wiper blade & doing an ink head cleaning. Nothing is helping!

try the line purge and see if your print is ok if not run the cleaner solution in it

K-

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
If it is a heavy solid image, it could be ink starvation. After it does this, do a nozzle check. If the nozzle check is good, then the heavy lay down of ink is choking out the print. I believe the Anajet has cartridges, so you can't adjust ink levels. If it is an ink starvation problem, then it could be a bad batch of ink or the lines need thoroughly flushed to make sure there is no build up internally.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

First step:
Make sure you have ink in all carts. One that is low and about to check out (under 95 gr) can do this(starvation). Check the nozzle check. You should do this every time before you start a run. If the nozzle check is short on any channel, note which channel and go to a head clean(control pad or in EK). Do a new nozzle check, if perfect try a print.

If the check is not perfect, go ahead and do a "purge by channel" in EK. Select the problem channel and print the bar on a blank piece of paper using level 4. You should ulimately see a solid and very wet band of ink from that channel. If not put a eyedropper full of CF in the color side of the capping station (I do this while the printer is spiting or doing it's nozzel check). Let this park and sit for 5-10 minutes or so.
After this try a head clean and nozzel check again and if needed a head clean. Usually this will work to get things going if the printer has been sitting for a few days. If you have to repeat the above steps there might be some other things going on (damper, pigment settle or buildup on the head face). Try this first and let us know how it goes!

Ian

·
Banned
877 Posts
Starvation during a print could mean that you have a clogged damper ;) I would attempt to clean them out or even relace them as they are not real expensive.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts