T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first i want to say thanks i did finaly get my t-jet printing..............however it's on the fritz again. my original problemb turned out to be an ink light so i changed the chip and used one off the cleaning cartridge and it worked for a short time i got through just 5 shirts befor the light came back on (light black). I tried taking out ink cartridges on bulk sys and putting in cleaning cartridges and nothing happened. won't even do a cleaning cycle. What do I do????:confused:

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
You need to be very careful when replacing a chip on your cartridges. If it's not mounted correctly you can damage the little gold colored prongs that sit in your carriage assembly and contact the chips. Unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing the safest bet is to put in a new cartridge with chip. Take out the cartridge that you changed the chip on and check the condition of the gold prongs in that slot. If they are bent you probably have to replace the prong set for that slot. Replacement prong sets are available and are not that difficult to replace.

Harry

·
Registered
2 Posts
a lot of times the light came becase you bulk sistem is no right ,so me sure you lines ar good en is ink on it .other times you chips have dust or ink so you may wanna chek on this tips. en if you ar not working properly change you cartuches

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right now I have this same problem. I'm using the Equipment Zone bulk system on my TJet2, and it's worked beautifully for over a year. The other day the black ink light went on.

I checked the lines and the cartridge, and ink is flowing.

Any other ideas?

Is there any way to electronically clear the ink status error?

Any help is appreciated! I'm trying to get a job printed by the weekend :(

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Check to see if the chip on the cartridge is not working. If you have a set of cleaning cartridges for your T-Jet 2 first shut off your printer. Snap out the black cartridge from the EZ Pro Bulk System and suspend it carefully. Snap in the black cartridge from the cleaning set and turn on the printer. If the black ink light does not light then you know your problem is with the black ink cartridge chip on the bulk system. If it is just give us a call for a replacement.

Harry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't expect such a quick reply!

Thank you Harry. I'm away from my print studio right now but I will check this in the morning. I was going to give you guys a call if no one responded to my question.

I originally bought my T-Jet2 from ScreenPrinters Resource, and they referred me to you since they no longer support the T-Jet. I've heard great things about you so I'm glad to see that you hold up to the reputation :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to report that the ink cart chip was the issue. I did as Harry suggested, and the ink light went off once I swapped my current ink cart for a different one. (This was all done very carefully, of course.)

I managed to fix the problem by swapping out the chip for a new one. I still had replacement chips from when my TJet2 first shipped, so I just pried off the old chip with tweezers and snapped in the new one.

My TJet2 is happily printing again. Many thanks for the tip, Harry!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts