T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between buying a Roland BN-20 cutter/printer, as apposed to buying a Roland GX-24 cutter and then a good ink-jet printer?
I see a lot of people buying Epson printers, is there a difference to say a Canon pixma printer or Kodak printer, they use pigmented ink, which is good. I want to print on Vinyl Flex, like Siser Easyweed for a t-shirt. Now do I spend $10 000 on a BN-20 or half that on a GX-24 and an ink-jet printer. Quality is the key, vibrant colours and detail and it must last and not crack etc. An A3 printer would be a plus. Im lost....with the choices as usual... any help or ideas or what to stay away from?

Thank you

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi Michael, This is a great question, as I have tiny startup in my basement and would love to hear from the pros.

I've got an Epson WF 1100 and an LP 24 from US Cutters.
So far all my products have either been print to heat press or cut to heat press.

I KNOW I can combine the two, but I need a little brainwashing on Exactly how it's done.

[email protected]

Sent from my MB865 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
708 Posts
I've done a lot of research into this and the only vinyl products I've found usable in Epson pigment printers (whether OEM or refilled) are the Sihl line of products. I've only used the 3988 so far, but they have a very wide range of aqueous products, vinyls, clear films, banner material, and photo canvas that I plan on testing soon. Since they all probably have the same coating chemistry, I'm not too worried about compatibility now. Sihl 3988 works perfectly for me for outdoor signage when overlaminated

Unfortunately none of these are heat press vinyl. There have been threads here before, so far it seems that there is simply no way to do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.