T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to expand into ink jet transfer heat press.

I currently have an HP 7660 photoprinter, and print onto JPSS transfer paper.

I wanted to invest in an Epson 1400 because of the wide format printing it offers me.

I was wondering if I would see better results in the quality of the prints?

Also should i invest in different inks if I do, opposed to the Claria Inks that come with the Epsons?

I wanna make for bright, photo-quality shirts, that dont fade over time.

Thanks!

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Hey Dan, welcome to the forum. I am a native New Jerseyian, northern side. :)

I've not seen a print out from an HP, so I can't comment on whether you'll see a better quality of prints. Do your prints look crisp after printing now? There are examples of photos of shirts printed on the forum. If you search "claria ink" you'll get a bunch of threads back from folks who use Claria, showing their work.

When you do that search on Claria ink, you'll also find the threads with user feedback. Most people can use Claria very successfully. Some can't, but then again, most use "Durabrite" successfully, and some can't, due to "color shifting" and that is a pigment ink, as opposed to Claria, which is a "water resistant dye".

Most times, folks will switch away from the "Epson ink" carts just due to the expense of re-fills. "Re-fill carts" and "bulk ink" systems save alot of money.

Some used a "Claria compatible" ink and was very happy with it. They are now trying out a new "pigment" ink for a supplier, and that is going very well. If you search any of the terms I have quoted, you'll get back threads on those topics. Best of luck to you.

· Registered
737 Posts
So far, I do not see a difference between the HP Vivera ink and the Epson Durabrite ink when using the JPSS for lights. Both provide vivid colors, and both look the same after 4 washings.

On the opaque paper (Everlast/Ironall for darks), I use the Epson. The HP inks do not perform well on opaque.

· Registered
4,158 Posts
Hey Dan, welcome to the forum. I am a native New Jerseyian, northern side. :)

I've not seen a print out from an HP, so I can't comment on whether you'll see a better quality of prints. Do your prints look crisp after printing now? There are examples of photos of shirts printed on the forum. If you search "claria ink" you'll get a bunch of threads back from folks who use Claria, showing their work.

When you do that search on Claria ink, you'll also find the threads with user feedback. Most people can use Claria very successfully. Some can't, but then again, most use "Durabrite" successfully, and some can't, due to "color shifting" and that is a pigment ink, as opposed to Claria, which is a "water resistant dye".

Most times, folks will switch away from the "Epson ink" carts just due to the expense of re-fills. "Re-fill carts" and "bulk ink" systems save alot of money.

Some used a "Claria compatible" ink and was very happy with it. They are now trying out a new "pigment" ink for a supplier, and that is going very well. If you search any of the terms I have quoted, you'll get back threads on those topics. Best of luck to you.
I agree with kelly...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.