T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do screen printing (water based only) for the wife, kids, and self, not really a business. I recently upgraded to Cromatech wr from speedball emulsion. Never really had any big issues with speedball other than price and exposure. Cromatech wr is cheaper, faster to expose, crisp images, I like it better. Now the issue.... After printing, I wash the water based ink from the screen and then remove the emulsion as before. Problem is, all the borders (very fine lines) of my images stay on the screen. Wash and scrub, and nothing. I don't own a pressure washer as I didn't need it with speedball. I have ruined 3 screens so far. Never had this issue before. How can I get rid off those lines? Do not wanna go back to speedball. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use Chromatech WR and black ink exclusively and have the same problem. I don't mind because it don't bather my exposures or nothing. One thing I can say is just the other day I used a pressure washer 1600 psi just water and a lot of the ghosting came out. So try that

·
Registered
400 Posts
I dont know the exact name of the chemical we use but its called stencil remover from ryonet I believe. Though we rarley use it as the ghosting has no effect on the next screen for us anyways most screens are #120 and Lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.