T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

About a week ago I replaced the filter in the Magenta line, and now that head is out of work. I followed the procedure exactly as the manual indicates, but it seems there is an air leak somewhere. After replacing the filter and do the initial cleaning I only could get the result as in the first picture. After that, the ink just faded away. I tried to get the ink flow a little bit, so I did about 2 or 3 powerful cleanings but the problem did not go away, and when tried printing the ink just faded away even more (picture 2). I can see that there are some bubbles in the line. When I do more initial cleanings the ink flows but the bubbles don't go away.

I did done a pump pressure check and everything works ok. The rubber caps seem new as well. I have no more than 15K prints with this machine.

After that, only the magenta line was like that, so I took the black filter out and when reinstaling it, the black line is now with the exact same problem.

The other two lines work without problems (I don't really want to touch them) so that could indicate is not a pump problem, and not necesarily a clog problem, because the problem only started when replacing the filters and when the color ink retreats due the lack of suction when taking the filter out.

Any kind of help is more than welcome :)
print image 1.jpg print image 3.jpg print image 4 bubbles.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ledsergio, if the pump pressure and print head is firing then you may have a leak on the connection to the print head or filter. You will want to disconnect the filter and reconnect it to check if the connection there is allowing for air. If the issue continues after this, you will want to order and replace the lower portion of that tube that connects the filter to the print head.

The majority of GT parts & supplies are located on our website. You can setup an account to order from our supplies department, www.brotherdtg.com/supplies . You will need to click learn more to begin setting up an account but you can review on how to setup an account with our helpful video,

Ensure you are always running the latest firmware and driver package found on our website, BrotherDTG.com/support. If you’re located within North America and still require additional technical assistance, please fill out a support ticket, User Support or contact your original dealer if outside these areas. If you don’t have this contact info, you should complete the form on this page - Brother GTX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts