T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Flexi-Jet set up with CMYK+Flushing Solution.
My nozzle check showed 3 of my white/flushing channels were green, I looked and one of my W ink lines is full of green.

I flushed the line until it was clear with flushing solution again. After doing a print the line is green again.

What would cause the cyan and yellow lines to back flow into another channel?

The print head, dampers, and capping station have 11 prints on them.

What should I do next?

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Very strange. Are you using bulk ink cartridges? If so are you leaving the printer with the ink levers in the UP position? I suggest giving tech support a call and talk with Matt, he will be able to help you troubleshoot and fix the issue. 877-202-0886

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
CMYK are sealed bags. Cleaning carts are bulk in LKLCLMLLK.

I have been leaving the levers [DOWN] (connected), should I close them every night?

(EDIT: I misspoke, I have been leaving the ink levers down. The ink has been left connected and the vent caps open.)

· Registered
84 Posts
If it is happening in between prints then try putting all the caps on the bulk flushing carts and see if that helps. If you are still having an issue then sometimes depending on the bulk cart design there is another small breather hole. Place a piece of tape over that breather hole.

If it only happening as the printer sits overnight then when you leave the printer dormant for the night make sure that you put the ink levers up. That usually does the trick but if not then do the same things that I mentioned above.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt,
I'll flush everything again.
I'll put the vent plugs back in the cleaning cartridges.
I'll close/disconnect the ink connection levers when the printer is not in use.

And I'll see how that goes.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was this printer previously set up for dual CMYK? It could be residual ink build up inside the cartridge or ink bay.
I'm sure it was at one point, the white ink lines have a slight colour tint to them. I saw the printer in use maybe 2 years before I bought it, using white ink.

I have flushed the lines pretty thoroughly, the cleaning carts are new.

The green looks darker in the damper connection and fades away as it gets closer to the cartridges, goes to clear within a couple inches. So it looks like it's coming from the print head end.

The 12 shirts I did most recently (when those last pictures were taken) used a lot of blue and yellow...

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wiper blade was new at the same time of the rest of the parts, had 11 prints on it, cleaned and dried every print day.

Since I started closing the in connection (ink levers up), it hasn't been a problem.

However, it looks like I'm now getting a small amount magenta in the same ink line.

Maybe when I switch from flushing solution to more viscous white ink it won't be a problem.

I can only guess is ink must be getting pushed back up the head from the capping station.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.