T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a hand held digital thermometer to get heat reading on a heat press?
My internal temp gague is not accurate on old215 Insta heat press.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I use one.
Be warned. It READS< the wrong temp. Its up to you to adjust to the reading, to make sure that you get up to whatever your ink dries at
For example, mine reads 300 degrees, and i know its done. I used The heat sensor strips underneath some shirts to get this info. Even though it reads 300, its actually higher. Its all about the consistency of the thermometre. Mine is accurate, if you disregard the actual reading.
Man thats confusing! Its a good thing im not an English teacher!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did not know if the reading was only 307 degrees because I have silicon covering on the press.
How long is your pressing time? I am doing 18 sec. with Epson C80 printer and Coastal green line transfer paper on Beefy Hanes.
Infact my Geek son will use the ICC patches I pressed on to do a color profile on some EFI software for Beefy Hanes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my tempreader at Radio Shack-- they had to look all over for it.
Have not used the heat sensing strips.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks everyone. Thanks Lynn for telling me where I can obtain a heat sensing gun.
Reading above it seems that a press bottom pad will change the temp reading. I want a bottom pad for my press, so here comes another learning curve.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
taurusndixie said:
Where do you find heat sensing strips to check corect press temp when closed ?
And or a good hand held temp reader ?

Thanks,
I know that most of the manufacturers of presses will send you out some strips if you go through their tech support and they think that there might be a problem with the heater.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
I use an instant read gun. The DK presses run hot. My DK20S runs about 25 degrees hotter than the setting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts