T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellow printers. I am seeking some opinions on screen printing equipment. I currently run a small shop, I am looking to purchase new shop equipment. The equipment I have now was given to me, it does the job but I am looking to upgrade. What are some opinions on the various manufacturers, Ryonet, Workhorse etc???

· Registered
33 Posts
my favorite press is the "american m&m rototex 2" 6 color 4 station with side clamps, you can find it used for about 1200.00 to 2000.00 i think this is the next best thing to an m&r. awt still makes them but i would never buy it new

· Registered
287 Posts
Hey there fellow printers. I am seeking some opinions on screen printing equipment. I currently run a small shop, I am looking to purchase new shop equipment. The equipment I have now was given to me, it does the job but I am looking to upgrade. What are some opinions on the various manufacturers, Ryonet, Workhorse etc???
Personally I like the Workhorse Odyssey 8x8. You can get this in a 4x4 also. Some printers prefer the side clamps, but I like the flexibility of the rear clamps myself. I can shift a screen 10 inches off center for some really custom work. Can also mount the screen sideways in the rear clamp if needed. This flexibility works great for instance when a customer orders a few pocket shirts in addition to mostly regular shirts. I can print all the non-pocket t's on the automatic, take the screen out and mount in the manual press, where ever it's needed (left/right) and print the pocket shirts manually. But everyone has their own opinion... this is just mine. :eek:

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I guess my question would be--what are you using, and what don't you like about it? If you have specific issues, it would make it easier to get proper recommendations based on how and what you print.

And really, if you can get a quality used press in good shape, I wouldn't worry too much about the brand--Anatol, Antec, Hopkins, M&R, Rototex, Vastex, and Workhorse are all decent brands... (not to say that's a comprehensive list)

The only reason I would prefer side clamps is because of my preference in roller frames--statics are very flexible (in good ways and bad :)) in rear clamp presses.

· Registered
55 Posts
my favorite press is the "american m&m rototex 2" 6 color 4 station with side clamps, you can find it used for about 1200.00 to 2000.00 i think this is the next best thing to an m&r. awt still makes them but i would never buy it new
I concur. I have a really old (circa 1960's?) model and the registration is perfect. I print process quite frequently with no issues.

· Registered
41 Posts
Michael, can you have the lightning put on display at the Chicago DAX show? I really would like to see it in person before buying. Probably just wishful thinking on my part, I think Anatol told me they were going to have the titan. Also any specials on the Lightning?

· Registered
151 Posts
Recently upgraded to this from a 4-1. Pretty sure you could set off a stick of dynamite next to it and keep on printing in registration. Coming from a pretty wonky 4-1 to this totally increased my productivity. Just banged out a 4-color job and it took less time than a equal sized 2-color would have on the former. I'm still budgeting my time like I'm on the 4-1, keep forgetting it doesn't take a year

· Registered
513 Posts
Michael, can you have the lightning put on display at the Chicago DAX show? I really would like to see it in person before buying. Probably just wishful thinking on my part, I think Anatol told me they were going to have the titan. Also any specials on the Lightning?
Thank you for your interest...
Believe there will be a lightning (6/6?) as well at the Chicago Dax show. Please contact csmith[USER=19487]@ana[/USER]tol.com(Corey) as he'll be running the show and can advise specifics. Have a great day!
Michael Jirasek
Anatol Equipment Manufacturing
866-426-2865 x-630

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.