T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

i want to start a online t-shirt business and I don't know where to start. I would like to sale t-shirt to local schools, colleges and business. I have no idea where to start (e.g. who should I use as a printer? how to set up payment, shipping,etc)

Can someone be so kind to walk me throug the process

·
2,957 Posts
Search the forums, my new friend!

It has also been suggested that going through the different sections of the forums and reading all the posts is a great way to start, and some have even done that.

I did that when I first joined, although there weren't as many threads in each topic then. But you can learn loads that way.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Ow, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

If you have a specific question about a step in the process, feel free to post and we'll try to find an answer for you.

There are lots of great tips and information right here in the forums. They can be found by using the Search feature of the forums (using the searchbox in the upper left hand corner):

:searchbox:

For example, if you wanted to learn about screen printing, you could type in screen printing into the search and find past discussions about which equipment to buy, what screens to use, how to select a screen printer, etc.

Here's a good past post that lists some books that might be helpful as well:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=4166&highlight=books

·
Registered
33 Posts
Buying the book "How To Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit" will give you the information to get started. After that there is a long learning curve.

John

·
Registered
282 Posts
OW said:
Hey

i want to start a online t-shirt business and I don't know where to start. I would like to sale t-shirt to local schools, colleges and business. I have no idea where to start (e.g. who should I use as a printer? how to set up payment, shipping,etc)

Can someone be so kind to walk me throug the process
I don't know if you could use a service like CafePress and be profitable for what you're trying to do in your local area. I haven't researched it but it seems like it would be a lot easier to partner up with a local screen printer with some kind of arrangement.

In effect, you would be bringing business into the screenprinter that they would not have normally received so you should be able to work out some sort of commission for your efforts. I'd just go through the phonebook to find out pricing and get a feel for the company that you're going to end up partnering with.

Then it would be up to you to go out and drum up business. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
welcome to the forum
where abouts are you from?

1. shirt supplier
2. screenprinter

or

3. company that does both

you can do small runs and sell the merch
in america it will cost you about $3 per shirt
in australia about $6 per shirt