T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know about screen printing - on tee shirts etc.
Can somebody point me in the direction I need to go? Books would be good, I've just started my own business and will need to buy equipment as well, once I know what is what.
Thanks
Debbie

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try "How to print T-shirts for fun and profit!" by Scott and Pat Fresener. It's $40 on amazon.com but you may find it in a local public library. If your library system has a web site, it'll be easy to track down. All the copies in my library system are either checked out or missing, so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. But it got great reviews on amazon.com.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I need to know everything. How this is done, what equipment would someone recommend, what inks....
Since there is a lot involved with screen printing, it may be useful for you to separate your questions into separate posts so the folks answering the questions can be a bit more specific in their answers.

An "everything involved with screen printing" post might take a few days to write :)

But if you break up your question into separate posts, they can answer each aspect of screen printing separately.

Just a tip to help you get the answers you need :D

If you are looking for a general information guide, you may want to try the book suggestion posted above.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Go to a ISS show. Some of the people there are very helpful. Some aren't. Check out Lawson equipment, very good service. Nice people. You'll need some graphic programs. Corel is at the shows. CorelDRAW is a graphics program. There is also Adobe Illustrator. Either one is good. I use CorelDRAW and other people use Illustrator. See who has better service, etc. Indianapolis is the next ISS show. Depending on where you live. You'll need ink, screens, exposure unit, wash out booth (you can build your own.) emulsion Ummm. There's so much more to know. Like Rodney said make specific threads. This is just a starter.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Also note that it costs a LOT to get started in screen printing, so you'll need a pretty big-sized initial investment. You might see if you can find any used equipment in good condition to help the financial burden a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts