T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on purchase of a heat press,hat press and transfers on11x15 or larger. What is the best buy for the money? I really need advice on how to start in this venture. I am a single Mom working for the school system. I help out with alot of benefits etc pertaining to kids I want to utilize this press to save money on the high costs of hiring t-shirts/hats to be built. I am worried about heat temps and scorching/yellow stains etc . The best info I can find before I invest my money into a heat press machine, printer and supplies. Thanx for your help and feel free to email any other websites or advice.
Thanx again Peanutz2112:)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi peanutz,

Well, I would not get anything smaller than a 15" x 15" press, and you may not really need anything larger than that either. How much volume are you talking about? Will you be using the press a lot, or just once in a while?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Then I would suggest you forget about looking at the light versions of the major manufactures and stick with the workhorse models. These will serve you well, and will have a higher resale value should you decide to stop using the heat press.

Look into the Hix HT 400D, the Stahls Mighty Press and maybe a few other brands versions based on these models.

What are the usual graphics and colors of the clothing you will be working with?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know everbody says not to get a small press, but I bought a Geo Knight Jetpress 12. I have a Epson c86 printer that can't print anything bigger than an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper so I didn't see the point in getting a bigger press. So far the Jetpress has worked great, it's small and doesn't take up a lot of room, and when people ask what size of images I can do I just tell them I can do the size of a sheet of paper. Plus it's purple and looks cool.

As for the yellow stains, you won't get a lot of those after you practice on a few.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well, there is really nothing wrong with a smaller press, it's just a little easier to align the t-shirt on a larger one. The smaller one will press it just as good as a bigger one will.

If you start pressing XXL or larger, sometimes the designs are larger too. Also, if you ever press cut vinyl or plastisol transfers you could use a larger one also.

The smaller presses are perfectly fine if your sure you will not need anything larger. I almost wish I bought a 16x20 and I don't even know why yet.

Still, the best size for the money is probably the 15x15

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I use the jet press 12 small press and so for I have had great luck with it. But, and there is always a but, I made a board from peg board 2 feet by 2 feet and mounted a 14 x 18 large mouse pad (available at office depot $10. bucks)to it in the center and glued it on. I place my tees on the pad and center it and walla I usuall place my designs (wide) about 2 inches from the neck and center it. If I have a long design that is then I turn my board around and place the tee long ways and center it from the neck. If someone needs pictures of this I would be glad to send if you [send a PM]. However I still want a larger press. so I am saving my pennies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for all the great tips. I am up to my Ears in bunny things for the kids.:)
I really like the idea of people helping people.. I will look into all suggestionsfor heat presses etc... Keep in touch and Happy Holidays:)
Peanutz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts