T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to the decal and graphics business. I do not have any previous experience with it. I have applied a few graphics back in the day when I tinted windows.

I got a plotter to cut decals and signs for myself, but I find that I have people who want me to do work for them too. They ask me how much, and I don't have the first idea how much to charge. Other than going to all the local shops in town to see what they charge.

Is there a industry standard for pricing? If you guys could give me a few of the basics. I would greatly appreciate it!:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have much experience in pricing vinyl, but I have seen some references to charging by the square inch. For example, if a design would use a space of 10 x 14 inches, you could price accordingly based upon the total square inches used (140 in this case). You can calculate your cost based on the same formula (Your cost / Total square inches = cost per sq in.)

Hope this helps get you on the right track. I'm sure there are others on here that have much more input on this topic.

Jake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts