T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm newer to screen printing and although I have some artistic abilities, I sometimes incorporate Vector clipart images into my artwork. My question is: are these images copyrighted ? I would like to print a few of my designs with intention to sell but I want to make sure I am legit. Is all vector artwork "royalty free" or must I check each specific piece ? and if so, where and how can I check it for copyright ? I just don't want to break any laws

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
You need to check the copyright on each piece you use. Wherever you are getting the clipart from should have some sort of terms and conditions. Make sure it says free to use for "commercial purposes" since you intend to sell it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You may notice (or not) that any clipart you would buy will pacifically note "royalty free". If you use a piece that you just happen to come across just be sure that you do check for copyrights. No matter where you find the piece it will have some kind of brand or warning such as the registered trade "R" or copyright "C" or maybe a footnote to indicate exactly where or who it's associated with.

·
Administrator
14,018 Posts
You may notice (or not) that any clipart you would buy will pacifically note "royalty free". If you use a piece that you just happen to come across just be sure that you do check for copyrights. No matter where you find the piece it will have some kind of brand or warning such as the registered trade "R" or copyright "C" or maybe a footnote to indicate exactly where or who it's associated with.
The term "Royalty Free" has nothing to do with usage rights. It simply means you don't pay a fee per use. You could have royalty free clipart but still not have permission to use it commercially.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts