T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been printing for many years, as well as referring to this site in times of crisis, but finally made an account tonight. Someone set our shop on fire, arson situation, wowww right? :mad: Anyways, we are replacing tons of equipment right now, which leads me to my question - we used an Epson WF-7520 printer to print all of our separations for the last 4 years. Is there a better option out there for 13 x 19"? We've been printing straight out of photoshop without a rip or anything. The main reason I ask - some time ago I noticed that when exposing screens, the print on the film would be damaged after one exposure - the vacuum exposure unit would seal the film onto the screen, then when peeling the film off, you could see the film lost a lot of quality. So we just started reprinting films for every exposure. Eventually our plan is to start saving all screens for 3-6 months before reclaim, but regardless, does anyone else have this problem? I'd like to be able to save and store the film for multiple uses. Thanks yall! ;)

· Registered
23 Posts
How long after printing the films did you burn your screen and are you using waterproof film? Sound like they might not have had time to dry. Our company just bought this the Epson Surecolor T3270 and we couldn't be happier. Prints quick.

· Registered
393 Posts
Hello everyone. I have been printing for many years, as well as referring to this site in times of crisis, but finally made an account tonight. Someone set our shop on fire, arson situation, wowww right? :mad: Anyways, we are replacing tons of equipment right now, which leads me to my question - we used an Epson WF-7520 printer to print all of our separations for the last 4 years. Is there a better option out there for 13 x 19"? We've been printing straight out of photoshop without a rip or anything. The main reason I ask - some time ago I noticed that when exposing screens, the print on the film would be damaged after one exposure - the vacuum exposure unit would seal the film onto the screen, then when peeling the film off, you could see the film lost a lot of quality. So we just started reprinting films for every exposure. Eventually our plan is to start saving all screens for 3-6 months before reclaim, but regardless, does anyone else have this problem? I'd like to be able to save and store the film for multiple uses. Thanks yall! ;)
Baby powder will stop the film getting stuck to the emulsion. Dust a little bit on a lint free cloth and rub it on the coated screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.