T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried Pro Club, Pro 5, Luxe-T, AAA, & Champs brand.

Pro Club - great before you wash them. Then the neck stretches out.
Pro 5 - very good shirt but the neck is a little loose for me. The neck is thick and keeps its shape. They are nice and thick like pro club.
Luxe-T - these actually make me mad haha. I love the neck and soft feel, but from what I've read, they dont come in tall sizes. The maker just doesnt want to do it. The fit is a little weird too. They are thick too.
AAA - Average at best. Not as thick as the previous brands. Big neck. Weird fit.
Champs - avoid.

I'm getting a few Galaxy brand tees in soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

P.S. I read that Comin'OutSwingin was making his own tall tee or something along those lines. Anybody have anymore info on this?

·
2,957 Posts
Yes, still in the works. But for the moment, I'm only going to be using them for my line.

I have plans in the future to sell them as blanks, though.

It's just that I would need so many. With the different sizes and colors that I would need, it's just cost prohibitive for me to start to sell blanks and make a good profit from it.

But stay tuned...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've heard good things about Galaxy but I've also heard bad things...too thin, neck becomes weak after a wash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
they are 220 grams, definitely not too thin as far as the weaking in the neck thats only if there was damaged done they are doubled seamed.

·
2,957 Posts
Crakaveli said:
I've tried Pro Club, Pro 5, Luxe-T, AAA, & Champs brand.

Pro Club - great before you wash them. Then the neck stretches out.
Do you put your ProClubs in the dryer?

I hope not!

Don't dry them!

Also, iron them inside-out.

I've got proclubs that are over a year old, and the neck is still the same as when it was new.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gildan doesnt even come in tall sizes do they? they sell them @ walgreens too. probably not that good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hard to beat the Beefy tee from Hanes Printable....6.1 oz ringspun...comes in about 30 colors up to 4xl..

You need to look at Zorrel (www.zorrel.com). They have a cotton performance tee that's probably the best in the market and the neck keeps its shape. They have it in short sleeve (z100) and long sleeve (z700).

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
All in which Gildan you use. I use the 2000. NO problem with the neck stretching out of shape no matter if they are dried in a dryer or not. In fact, I purposely wash my personal ones with normal laundry and dry them normal with no distortion. The 2000 is a 6.1 oz T. Walgreens has the thinner Gildan I believe. As in anything there are grades.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I mentioned Zorrels Z100 and Z700. Well they have a very nice basic tee too (6.0oz). It's the Z880. It's better then the Gildan 2000 and quite honestly priced better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Price has to be a factor here as well, you can't compare Pro Club to Alstyle and to Gildan as the price is more. Also Beefy T costs considerably more to the other shirts. White shirts can be tricky - beefy t's shrink up considerably and I can't even believe that some of you like Gildan 2000 over Alstyle 1301. Gildan would be my last choice for quality and consistency, especially the neckline. I push all my clients toward AAA with no complaints from them. Just my 2 cents..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts