T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this I just bought a heat presser and an Epson Stylus 1400 photo printer I was just wondering what would be the best method to designing 100% or 50/50% cotton t shirts I tried sublimation but I just found out that is just for 100% polyester t shirts can any one help me out please?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I assume you are talking about some type of transfers. The 1400 has dye based ink. Dye inks are not the best for transfers. You can get the CISS on o-bay with pigment ink. Most commercial inkjet papers will do an acceptable job. I like the JetPro Soft Stretch because the poly film that all inkjet transfers have will wash off, leaving a very soft stretchable print. God Bless.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are talking about some type of transfers. The 1400 has dye based ink. Dye inks are not the best for transfers. You can get the CISS on o-bay with pigment ink. Most commercial inkjet papers will do an acceptable job. I like the JetPro Soft Stretch because the poly film that all inkjet transfers have will wash off, leaving a very soft stretchable print. God Bless.
OK so would I be able to get pigment ink for my printer? and with the paper would it leave that background? I just want the design without the extras. is there a type of paper I can use so there isn't that see threw background?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
So far, no, no one has come up with a paper that will transfer inkjet ink without the background. With plain paper the ink soaks in and dries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts