T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
No, no, you can't do it that way! You have to have a quality press with micro registration, proper off contact and tight screens, preferably newmans. Don't even try it that way. Geeesh! What an idiot!

·
Registered
828 Posts
this is what happens when you outsource your work :).

Everytime you outsource your work God kills a kitten! heh.

Looks like they were pretty good at what they were doing. I couldn't eye up a multi color job like that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When commercial space is cheap you have that ability. For me I've got to jam everything together a rotary my only option.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it just goes to show that if you are very good at what you do it amazes people easily. There was a guy on TV who makes sculptures inside the eye of a needle. I can't even get a piece of thread through one let alone make a sculpture. These guys do this very well because tat is how they are taught. We are taught to use rotary set ups and that is what we get good at.

·
Registered
781 Posts
that is not impossible to do...

from what i've seen they are using eyeball system..

you should have a good eye sight for this technique..

im from philippines and i know how this thing works..

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
hi im from the phillipines..thread starter of "show your rig" in the asia section..just like to post some of my opinions..
No, no, you can't do it that way! You have to have a quality press with micro registration, proper off contact and tight screens, preferably newmans. Don't even try it that way. Geeesh! What an idiot!
unlike whoever posted this comment, we are not bound by the books..we are creative..we are not idiots..reading your post makes me wonder who the idiot is..im sure a lot of printers in your area are using rotary press without micro registration..are they an idiot?how about newman rollers?

These guys are full on.They use "table set ups" in place of our rotary presses.I take my hat off to them.
Check it out..scroll down and look at the pics.
there's a reason why most of us prefer table setup than rotary machines..aside from the price of a rotary press, most of us use waterbased inks, and if we are going to use rotary press, our screens will clogged in no time..unlike plastisols that screen clogging is not a big problem..

eyeballing is a pain in te butt... i think you can't keep consistant quality.
yes this is true..consistency is a problem when you are just eyeballing but also depends on the design..but eyeballing is only part of our printing style..what really is used is the line table setup where consistency problem is fixed..it makes use of guides that makes registration quick and consistent..here's a video of one of the forms of line table..
[media]http://romysports.multiply.com/video/item/5/GEDC3154.MOV[/media]http://romysports.multiply.com/video/item/5/GEDC3154.MOV
if you search in youtube and key in serigrafia, youll be surprise how many videos out there showing the same setup and uses plastisol and prints quality shirts..

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
" No, no, you can't do it that way! You have to have a quality press with micro registration, proper off contact and tight screens, preferably newmans. Don't even try it that way. Geeesh! What an idiot!"
Chard, I think he was joking sarcastically. It's just funny and amazing how those guys are printing and it's working.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts