T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what you all think on this one. :confused:

Is it important to meet your graphic artist in person or is it just as easy to do this all electronically. I think it might help the graphic artist get to know us and our personality and for getting the "feel" for our company. But, not sure if this is typical. He is about a 4 hour drive away and this would be the first work he will be doing for us.

Any opinions would be helpful as well as any tips for when meeting with graphic artist for our original logo design.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Most artits that I've used I've never met. If you are comfortable with their previous work then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Just make sure that both of you are clear about revisions, schedules, price, and method of payment, etc.

If you want to make sure that both of you are on the same page just call him and explain your thoughts and needs. Good Luck.:D:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
lawaughn said:
Most artists that I've used I've never met. If you are comfortable with their previous work then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Agreed, I've had artwork done in California, UK, Romania, India and have never met any of the artists but have become great friends with some of them. The most important thing is to find an artist who does similar style artwork to what you are looking for. I always start out with clear vision of what I'm trying to achieve with an offering, who my targeted market is and then look for an artist who's style will compliment it. I've spend literally days searching for an artist with little success. Always be sure they will sign the copyright of the imagery over to you after payment. I had one guy a well known cartoonist who changed his mind midway through the project and as I had nothing in writing it cost me thousands of pounds. I was recently looking for a freelance artist to work on my T-shirts and I came across an artist on guru.com, as soon as I saw her work I knew immediately that I wanted her to work with me. You've got to know what you are looking for in the first place, have a vision in your mind otherwise it's difficult

Paul

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't need to meet with the client and I don't want to meet. Working online it allows me to make conversation while I'm developing a project. Also I allways ask for a lot of details about the job to make sure I got the idea right and I also send sketches in various moments of the project so that the client can make the right changes.

So after finalising the job the client will allways be satisfied and in 95% of the cases he won't do any changes to the work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As an artist myself I don't feel it is necessary to meet with my clitnts face to face although it is nice to meet people it is not always possible. I have clients all over the US, I do stop by and introduce myself to my local clients but I find email and a phone call work just fine for those out of state.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I've never met the artist that I've worked with. Well maybe one or two that happened to work with the local screen printer.

I think this also might have to do with your method of communication though. Some people are more comfortable with a phone call and face to face meeting so they feel they've been understood correctly and get to "know" who they are working with.

For me, it's never been necessary as long as I see the quality of the artist's work is in line with what I'm looking for. I can convey my thoughts better via an email than by phone :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts