T-Shirt Forums banner

Images to vector smart vector pro?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sunnydayz 
#1 ·
Hi I have been reading the forum for a couple of hours now I don't think I can find the answer to my question but I have found a lot of other things :)
I have Coreldrawx3 & Roland GX-24
I am looking at buying some software to convert images to vector vinyl ready. I have just tried out the Vector Magic desktop which seems to work great, I have also looked at Corel's Smartvector Pro & Co cut pro. It takes me an age to trace and edit. I was recently asked to design a logo for a dance school, I found an image (Shilloutte of a dancer) traced it in corelx3 cleaned up nodes and it took me about 3hrs tried the same thing in vector magic took me about 15mins (after I got the hang of how to edit):) My question is if I have a more detailed logo to do in vinyl with more than 1 colour for example a football logo which software would be best for separating the design to cut? Hope this makes sense:rolleyes:

Many thanks
Maggie

#2 ·
I just got the cocut pro from digital art solutions and it has a really easy color seperation for cutting. It also does a slight overlap allowing for the shrinkage on the vinyl. So far its a really easy program to use, but I just started using it a couple of weeks ago, and havent spent that much time yet learning it. My first impressions of it are really good though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.