T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have an Epson nx125 printer with sublimation kit fitted.
Printing onto metal tags.

Pressing 200c for 1 - 2 mins

Using Coral draw 5 on PC and Adobe Illistrator on Mac

I am having trouble finding a ICM or driver for this printer that will give good results.

The finished product is very washed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Hi
I have an Epson nx125 printer with sublimation kit fitted.
Printing onto metal tags.

Pressing 200c for 1 - 2 mins

Using Coral draw 5 on PC and Adobe Illistrator on Mac

I am having trouble finding a ICM or driver for this printer that will give good results.

The finished product is very washed out.

Any help would be appreciated.
What inks and sub papers are you using?

· Registered
618 Posts
The ICC you need is ideally for the type of inks you are using - not all sublimation inks are the same, and each ink set will need its own ICC. Also, as each printer model is different, an ICC is made for one printer may not work correctly on another printer ... although, if you do your research, you will find out that often printers are made in ranges, sharing major components, so there is some cross compatibility.
Unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world, and so each nx125 coming out of Epson's factories will have its own variances, and will print a little differently, so the idea of an ICC that will work and be accurate for every nx125 is somewhat flawed. A ICC profile for every nx125 should be considered somewhat generic, and to get 'good enough' results.
Due to the amount of different printer models out there that inks can be put into, some ink manufacturers do not bother devoting budget to making profiles for printers, especially the ink makers who produce ink for more professional and industrial settings, where it is assumed they are making their own profiles, or using other methods of colour management. If you have bought into this type of ink, then you will need to get a profile made for you. The equipment to do this yourself is expensive, and probably not a wise investment to make yourself 1 or 2 profiles. Although this is an added expense, it is minimal, and part of your initial set-up costs, not an ongoing expense - i.e. you get it done once at the start to start out using the inks, and shouldn't have to do it again. This is assuming you have picked an ink that is readily available, as ideally you don't want to be swapping and changing ink types, as you will need to get a new profile made.
Although, this is an additional set-up cost for your business, it is minimal on one-off, and assuming you've found a good and inexpensive ink supply, your overall ink running costs should still be way lower than the more mainstream inks. If it's an industrial/commercial bulk ink, then the quality of it will be high, certainly higher than inks made for the domestic market.
Going the route of less expensive, but higher quality bulk commercial inks, with an ICC profile that is made for you individual printer, should give you the best set up you can get, and at an affordable cost for your business plan and costings to be favourable.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My press has a large foam square on the bottom and a metal plate under that.

I am pressing metal dog tags would it be better to press onto a hard object supporting the tag ?

For example. Remove the foam and replace with a bit of hard wood ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.