T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first with a site such as Spreadshirt and I do have this posted over on their forum.

Maybe it's how I'm going about doing it. I do most of my designs in Corel Draw and then import them into Corel Paint to convert into PNG. Even though I select to make the background transparent it is still showing up. I have just one shirt in my shop for now until I can fix the problem. Any suggestions, help or ideas?

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=8519

Mark in SD

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jdr8271 said:
If it is like photoshop, and is in layers, you will have to delete the white off of the layer with your design on it, so the clear background shows through.
I've tried that. I have the object setting on a checkerboard background which should mean no actual background. When I go to save it says 'objects will merge with background'. I then open the image again and the white background is back. Under object properties it just shows the one layer with the image. If I wasn't bald already I'd be pulling my hair out!

Mark in SD

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had this same problem when creating images in corel draw. When you export them as a jpeg the option to make the backgroung transparent is there but is unable to be highlighted. I have tried exporting as giff and still have the same problem. I am solving the problem by opening the exported jpeg in word and deleting the white and than saving another version of the file from the word program. Hope it helps.

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the problem worked out after a few emails with Marc from Spreadshirt. I should of know it when trying to place a digital print on a colored shirt. Like with my home shop If I transfer to darks then an opaque paper and trim close or incorporate the background into the image. Spreadshirt's software shows the transparency as having a white background. That's how I understood their explanation.

I go the other way. I open Corel Paint and set my paper size and dpi and then import. I always import as a png. I'm then able to make the background transparent.

Mark in SD

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Logo-Mechanix said:
I have had this same problem when creating images in corel draw. When you export them as a jpeg the option to make the backgroung transparent is there but is unable to be highlighted. I have tried exporting as giff and still have the same problem. I am solving the problem by opening the exported jpeg in word and deleting the white and than saving another version of the file from the word program. Hope it helps.
You shouldn't do this; you are losing image quality. Save as a lossless format first (tiff, png) and then re-save THAT if you need to. I imagine saving as jpeg first would give enough artifacts that the transparency would not work correctly anyway...

I'd suggest a nifty little program called Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) for basic imaging functions such as converting between file types (including transparency). It can of course do several other useful things as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MarkSD said:
This is my first with a site such as Spreadshirt and I do have this posted over on their forum.

Maybe it's how I'm going about doing it. I do most of my designs in Corel Draw and then import them into Corel Paint to convert into PNG. Even though I select to make the background transparent it is still showing up. I have just one shirt in my shop for now until I can fix the problem. Any suggestions, help or ideas?

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=8519

Mark in SD
I use Fireworks by Macromedia, to do all my designs and never had any kind of problem to get them in a transparent background(or canvas). Try this software and I believe you´ll be ok. (Sorry about my English)

·
Registered
21 Posts
BTW, the main Fireworks format is PNG, but you can also export your file to many kinds of formats, (jpeg, bmp,gif, etc) with a preview. It means that you could fit anything you want in terms of resolution, background, etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Logo-Mechanix said:

John
Not surprised - jpeg does'nt normally support transparency. Spreadshirt do accept both png and gif which do.

I'll have to look at Corel Draw again, as I normally use Photoshop these days, but will need to use vector graphics for a couple of designs I have in mind.

Stuart

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ImproperTees.com said:
So Mark, they basically told you cannot make the background clear on the image of the dark shirt?
On digital prints that need a transparent or clear backgound. Vectors are no problem they use cutters for those designs. Like me, they probably use a commercial transfer paper with pigmented inks and/or dye sub. You can print only to white or light colors unless using an opaque paper. Either way you may need to trim close to the design to minimize the unprinted transfer paper.

Mark in SD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, thats what im understanding. I wanted a shirt with a circle shape on a darker shirt. I understand the opaque paper, but when i put it into my shop, the white background still shows up. I know they will cut the circle out, but it looks like crap on the web page with the white background.

I tried everything in illustrator and photoshop, and it has the checkerboard transparent background when I save it. But when uploaded, the white still appears.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ImproperTees.com said:
Ok, thats what im understanding. I wanted a shirt with a circle shape on a darker shirt. I understand the opaque paper, but when i put it into my shop, the white background still shows up. I know they will cut the circle out, but it looks like crap on the web page with the white background.

I tried everything in illustrator and photoshop, and it has the checkerboard transparent background when I save it. But when uploaded, the white still appears.
Mark, with Spreadshirt, did mention something about some shape templates
but didn't say how to go about using them. May need to have him to clarify that.

Mark in SD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts