T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
My first post, I believe this is the correct area.
I typically make vinyl t's.
I have been asked to make some t's for a upcoming Alzheimer's walk in my area.
I have a Stahl's 16x20 autoclam with 11x15 changeable platten, vinyl and a cannon laser printer with oem ink.
The shirt the client would like has a picture of the person that has passed away that they want on the front of the shirt, with vinyl lettering under it and on the back.
I have been looking at Lasersoft transfer paper to accomplish the job.
questions:
Can I use the cannon laser printer with oem inks with Lasersoft paper?
Will it look good and be somewhat durable, ( a few washes)?
If not. Knowing the equipment I have what would you recommend?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Hi Folks,
My first post, I believe this is the correct area.
I typically make vinyl t's.
I have been asked to make some t's for a upcoming Alzheimer's walk in my area.
I have a Stahl's 16x20 autoclam with 11x15 changeable platten, vinyl and a cannon laser printer with oem ink.
The shirt the client would like has a picture of the person that has passed away that they want on the front of the shirt, with vinyl lettering under it and on the back.
I have been looking at Lasersoft transfer paper to accomplish the job.
questions:
Can I use the cannon laser printer with oem inks with Lasersoft paper?
Will it look good and be somewhat durable, ( a few washes)?
If not. Knowing the equipment I have what would you recommend?

Thank you.
What you can do is get sample of laser transfer and test it with your printer. I would recommend using Imageclip Laser Light because it is self weeding. It will complement better with vinyl text. Imageclip is for light color fabric. Photo has to be converted to high resolution RGB halftone to prevent dropout when weeding the transfer.

To print on laser transfer the print speed has to be set at low by setting the media weight to ultra heavy and type to card stock or label so that the toner will fuse properly.

The photos below were done with Imageclip Laser Light. Click to enlarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you can do is get sample of laser transfer and test it with your printer. I would recommend using Imageclip Laser Light because it is self weeding. It will complement better with vinyl text. Imageclip is for light color fabric. Photo has to be converted to high resolution RGB halftone to prevent dropout when weeding the transfer.

To print on laser transfer the print speed has to be set at low by setting the media weight to ultra heavy and type to card stock or label so that the toner will fuse properly.

The photos below were done with Imageclip Laser Light. Click to enlarge.
That is exactly what the client wanted, thank you! I have ordered some Imageclip, hopefully ours look as good as these do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.