T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys,

I have an image of a stormtrooper helmet that I've found through Google, manipulated in photoshop using various tools. Am I not allowed to sell this even though I have made sigfinicant changes to the image (although it still looks like a stormtrooper helmet). I've also manipulated a 'Mr T' image that I found on Google. I know similar questions have already been asked here but I thought that I would be specific about my case seeing as this issue has such a wavy line between wrong and right.

I've seen so many websites that have t-shirts with images of famous people on them. Including users of this forum so I'm hoping that there is at least some way around the law.

Are there any other good links for finding out if an image has been copyrighted/trademarked?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This site:

djtees.com/tshop/store/index.asp

Sells t-shirts with musicians images on them. They credit the owner of the image or photographer on the site. Would they only have to go to that person to get permission to use it on a tee or would they also have to go to the record company or whoever owns the musician's image rights. Do you think this website actually did this or is it likely that they're just breaking the law?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.