T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've obtained help on here to help my image clip/ trim free toner to adhere to the printed page. NOW - I have more problems.

I got the trim free and image clip to work before- but there were huge spots of missing toner. A very helpful person on this board helped me set the printer to Heavy 2/ Cardstock. I also run 10 blank prints thru before I start. The printed pages look great!!

NOW to the new problem. I printed and followed the instructions for heat application. Trim Free transfers little or no to the t-shirt. Then I tried image clip. It wouldn't transfer the printed image to the 2nd paper. I upped the temperature and time until I finally got it to transfer (300 deg). I then tried to transfer to my t-shirt and it won't go. I tried heating it up to 400 degrees and part of it transferred but it seemed to burn the paper which burned onto the shirt.

So- my question is- now is my fuser too hot or is something wrong with the way I'm heat pressing this? At first when trying to heat press the printed image to the 2nd paper- I could see the imprint of the image but no ink.

Lastly- I used the hard surface paper and tried to transfer to a tile. It took a small part of it and pulled like plastic pieces of the paper and wouldn't transfer the rest.

I have checked my temperature on my press (Sunie 15x15 clam) and it is running 230-240 when I have it set at 210.

My printer is an OKI c330DN.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Tammy

· Registered
4,871 Posts
I've obtained help on here to help my image clip/ trim free toner to adhere to the printed page. NOW - I have more problems.

I got the trim free and image clip to work before- but there were huge spots of missing toner. A very helpful person on this board helped me set the printer to Heavy 2/ Cardstock. I also run 10 blank prints thru before I start. The printed pages look great!!

NOW to the new problem. I printed and followed the instructions for heat application. Trim Free transfers little or no to the t-shirt. Then I tried image clip. It wouldn't transfer the printed image to the 2nd paper. I upped the temperature and time until I finally got it to transfer (300 deg). I then tried to transfer to my t-shirt and it won't go. I tried heating it up to 400 degrees and part of it transferred but it seemed to burn the paper which burned onto the shirt.

So- my question is- now is my fuser too hot or is something wrong with the way I'm heat pressing this? At first when trying to heat press the printed image to the 2nd paper- I could see the imprint of the image but no ink.

Lastly- I used the hard surface paper and tried to transfer to a tile. It took a small part of it and pulled like plastic pieces of the paper and wouldn't transfer the rest.

I have checked my temperature on my press (Sunie 15x15 clam) and it is running 230-240 when I have it set at 210.

My printer is an OKI c330DN.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Tammy
I hope that you are aware that neither Trim free nor Imageclip will work with very light color, gradient and photo images. 230F - 240F is too hot when marrying the two sheets of Imageclip. The image is not supposed to transfer to B (green) sheet. Instead the polymer coating from B (green) sheet is supposed to transfer and coat the image on A (red) sheet. You then press the A (red) sheet on the shirt.

Good polymer coated A sheet will have dull look and no void (shiny) toner area is showing.

You can trick Trim free or Imageclip by converting the image to RGB halftone.

Read the attached PDF tip.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.