T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new with this bussiness t shirt, and I'm still have a lot of doubts, ok here we go.

I bought a color laser print Samsung, cus somebody toldme about the laser prints are really cheaper, after that I'm getting problems with my prints because the kind of paper that i have ( i don't know the name:() when i use my heat press, always is the same result a square image like a window, now i heard about this Image Clip paper, but i have some doubts, this paper can be used in black tshirts, and what about the whites, for an example in a drawing the lights will be the color of the shirt?, hope you know something tnx.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Image Clip is for light shirts, Not darks, it does not print white. It also does not print pastel colors very well so I have heard. I have had very good luck with this paper. Note that it is a two step process that takes some getting used to.

I recommend you use the search feature on this site and put in the name Image Clip to read all about it.

Reactions: roari

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
lfortun on the site has a lot of posts on image clip...and TM is correct...only for white/very light ash maybe

You don't say what paper you are using...but if you are getting a white square around the image, and you are using a opaque transfer you will need to trim the image...if you mean you are getting press mark..try using teflon pillow or other heat durable material to soften the press lines

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Not printing very will with pastel color means the color of the image design not the color of the shirt. Imageclip works great on any pastel colored shirt provided that the color shift due to the color of the shirt is acceptable to the customer. It even works on darker color shirt such as geen, gold and gun metal gray or sport gray. The look and feel is like screen print. No polymer around the image and open space in the image.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I suggest printing a color chart on each different colored shirt. That way you know what your colors
will look like. For Corel users, use the VBA macro "Create color Swatch" I have written a PDF on how to do this and re-map colors. You can email me and I will send it to you the PDF. I do not know how to post it on the forum. (If someone knows please let me know)
Thanks David.

What I do is upload a file to a website that offers free file hosting service. Then I post the link in the forum.

Why not have it down loadable in Conde's website? That will save you time from sending it to each member that is requesting it.

Or better yet ask Rodney to upload it for you so that it will be accessible to the members.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love imageclip myself.
I've printed white, gold, LT blues, pinks, greens, hot pinks, yellows ash etc with it.
It's all in knowing how the colors will reproduce on the garment.
darker pastel colors , gold for example wont show a yellow transfer so you'll adjust the colors on the transfer to darker colors.
When designing an image intended for ImageClip transfered to say a pink tank you'll know that lighter colors will not show well so adjust the image colors accordingly.
It's really very easy.

Sometimes a client will want the impossible, this is where adding vinyl to your finished image can really help the design.
I recently completed an Imageclip logo. All in black printed on everything from white to deep red tees and womans tanks. The client was not really impressed so I suggested the addition of Gold Sparkle eco film to the logo for just $2.00 more... he flipped and LOVED IT !!!
hes happy and I added a larger margin to the final cost.

Imageclip is not a cure all to end all but is certianly a great tool. I'd say 60% of my total business at this point is Imageclip processed.

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnx bill, that gives to me a clear idea about what can i do, with my current resources. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bill, that is a great idea, it gives me yet another reason to pursue a vinyl cutter:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts