T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Complete Numpty here when it comes to the artwork and the design with Computer software . ( Just designed some ideas cutting and pasting in Paint and Picture it on PNG, look ok on screen but I know that'll change if printed- Cafe Press want that don't they ? )The ideas are fine putting together as a rough template no prob however, how do i increase the DPI to Cafe Press 200 requirement ? Do i need Corel Draw or similar or can the DPI be increased in Paint and Picture it ?

Got a great friend who says she's willing to draw stuff which I suppose can be scanned in and then "tamperred with" ( The artwork ! )so to speak.

Apologies for the complete lack of knowledge in this area but i am King of the Numpts when it comes this kinda stuff

Cheers
Bignumpt

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
how do i increase the DPI to Cafe Press 200 requirement ? Do i need Corel Draw or similar or can the DPI be increased in Paint and Picture it ?
You can't really increase the DPI of a design that starts out at a lower DPI.

That "stretches" the pixels and makes the design look blurry.

With vector designs (created in coreldraw), you can scale them as large or as small as you want. To get a design as a vector, you need to either create it in a vector program or have it traced as a vector by a vector graphics program (or service). Once a design is a vector, you can save it a a high resolution PNG.

If you are scanning a picture from a drawing, then you would just need to make sure you set the scanner settings at 300dpi and then you'll start out with a high resolution necessary for cafepress or other printing.

If you are creating the design from scratch in "Paint and Picture It" (never heard of this software, then you need to make sure that you check the settings *before* the design is created so that you start with a high resolution image (200-300dpi)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts