T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to find someone who has tried all three inks and can share their insight. Anyone?

STS is tempting as apparently you don't even need to flush the lines and can change just a single cartridge over at a time.

Image Armor I've good things about but having to swap all the cartridges at once doesn't sound too appealing and I always seem to be running out of just single colors at a time.

Brother is expensive and I'm frustrated buying ink and only getting a month of shelf life. Received a new black cartridge today with an expiration of 7/18...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sure you saw my other post about the Image Armor ink, but I'll go over it here too.

1. I only changed over white so far. I was in the same boat as you, but when it came time to change a white I switched. After a couple change outs you break even. They say you can't use brother colors on their white, This isn't true at all. I've had zero issues.
  2. It is a lot thicker. You need to change your AR3s to use less white or maybe cure it longer. I adjusted mine down and I use less and pay less.
  3. You do an extra step in cleaning when you shut down.
  4. You lose the wiper cleaner you get in the Brother Box. You have to buy those at $16ish each.
  5. They say you have to use their pretreat, but I haven't had a problem using my leftover Brother pretreat. Maybe it won't work for you, but mine wash fine.
Other than that I haven't had a problem yet. My print heads havent' gotten any worse than they were before the change over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the advise.

The main reason for us switching to another brand is Print quality and durability. We would stick with brother if their ink was more durable, that would justify paying more. However, if the durability is about the same, I would rather pay the much lower cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.