T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need help i got a design i did. And i got a t shirt. I want to put the design on the t-shirt with out having to re draw it on the t-shirt and not ruinin the pattern of the graphic.

ohh and i am trying to make it a whole shirt design, like the pattern is all over the shirt front and back

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm not too sure of what you are asking about. Can you be a bit more clear on exactly what it is you want? Do you want to have your design printed onto a shirt? If so, take it to a local DTG printer if it is only one shirt. If you want more pieces and all over printing, etc then that's a different story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean like i have a pattern i want on the whole shirt. I cant figure out how to use photo shop to put it on a shirt. Like apply the design to a t-shirt using photoshop so i can show the silkscreening place i how i want it placed.

Kind of like this shirt.

[media]http://www.osboutique.com/images/gap%20button%20down%20shirt%20with%20flower%20pattern.jpg[/media]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Last time I did what you are trying to do, was about three years ago, so apologies if it sounds a bit confusing.

I took a picture of a tee and traced around the perimeter of it using a graphic tablet to input direct into photoshop. I then used this as a 'container' in Corel Draw, put my image along side it and poured the image into the t-shirt shaped 'container'.

The other way to do it is by using layers, but then it gets a whole lot more confusing.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
why not just get a pic of the blank shirt on one layer, then take your artwork and lay it out over the shirt on another layer. save as a comp

·
Registered
426 Posts
Similar to what others are saying, you need to have 2 layers, the t-shirt outline and then your pattern, it can be the full page because then you will create an image mask which will "cut" off the pattern at the T-shirt line. Instruction for simple image masking are all over the web, some very basic instructions: Spoono - Photoshop Tutorials - Masking

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
what you are trying to do is called a comp or 'mock-up'. you can find templates of different types of shirts on this forum and on the net. there were recent threads on this forum about this same topic, just search with the engine above.

you do need to apply an image mask. like said above you can find out how to do it on the net or just check the photoshop manual or use photoshop help (on the menu bar).

not to sound like a jerk but i hope you know that the shirt that you uploaded to show us was cut and sewn after the design was printed onto the fabric. your local screenprinter usually doesn't do that type of work and if he did i think the price would be off the hook. i don't know how a screenprinter would even be able to print all over an already constructed t-shirt anyways with the creases, seams and such. it might be able to be done but it's something i've never seen. -good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts