T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a Brother all in one printer and I cannot make the image solid black which then messes up my screen. I've even doubled up the transparencies and no luck. I have read some of the posts here about printers and the Epson 1400 seems to be the popular choice. What I'd like to know is if it needs the Black Max system or if it will work on it's own? I can get one for under $200. Thanks in advance for your replies.

· Registered
296 Posts
Which program are you printing out of? Corel Draw? Photoshop?

Need a bit more info to better advise you...

Are you printing the image as a composite or separations?
(These are options in the print dialog box that tell the printer which way to print)

Is your image full color or black?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am working with Corel draw X5. What I did was create the working image then break it into separate files according to color then print each file by itself. Original image is color and I changed all the values to black for printing.

Larry

· Registered
296 Posts
Larry,

You can color the artwork in Corel so that the printer will automatically understand that you want to print each color as a black film positive:

Window > Color Palettes > Pantone Solid Coated

Choose colors from this palette when coloring your artwork (Except Process Yellow, Magenta, Cyan & Black!), just be sure to use the same color across the design. For example, if you have several vector objects that will print orange, make sure you use the same Pantone Orange on all objects, otherwise the printer will assume you want two separate films, each a different kind of orange.

Here's a better example:

Notice how the three colors in the design are listed at the bottom?
Everything red in the design, including the gradients protruding outward, use Pantone Red 032 C.

Once you've done this, you can go to File > Print, and under the "Separations" tab, the Pantone colors will be listed at the bottom as optional separations you can print (in addition to the default CMYK seps that always appear.)

Check only the Pantone colors, and click Print. The printer will output each sep in black, without further input from you.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.