T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just recently completed my humble t-shirt website- White Frog T-Shirts.

http://www.wfshirts.com

Its meant mostly as a creative outlet for myself, I don't have naive ambitions of making truckloads of money. Therefore I've priced my shirts as low as I possibly can (while being able to pay for overhead, new designs, web hosting, etc.). All shirts are $12.

All were designed by me, as was the site. Right now I only have a handful of designs, more are already in the works.

Please, take a look, as I'd like people to be able to find my site, and at the very least have a look at something that I worked very hard on, but its been slow going so far.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Jay,

I was at your site today and I really like your customization of oscommerce. Your site layout and navigation is very nice (although I don't like the popup navigation for the polices, about us, etc...I think it should stay in the same window)

I actually added a "politics" t-shirt to my shopping cart and was ready to buy it, but then I realized that I was missing some important information like: product sizing chart, what brand and weight t-shirts you are printing on, printing method, contact information.

So I decided to back out and not complete my purchase.

These are things that help the average shopper's buying decision. Even if you are a small company or individual, the person shopping at your site doesn't have to know that (or even care). Just answer all the possible questions about your products and company and be up front about your contact information (you are asking people to give you money after all), and you should have better conversions when you start driving people to your t-shirt shop.

Let me know when you add that info and I'll head back over to your site :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Rodney,

Thanks so much for the advice. Your criticisms are valid, I'll be making some changes to the site tomorrow (unfortunately I'm have asleep as it is, can't fix things tonight :( )

I was a little hesitant to add the popups to my site, I'm not quite sure why I decided to set it up that way (I hate popups myself, as does most everyone else).

I initially added more info on the brand, weight of the shirts, and my girlfriend thought the info was unncecessarily confusing. But I think you're right, most buyers on the web are savvy consumers and probably want as much detail on what they are buying as possible. I'll stick with my initial instinct and your advice, and add the detailed shirt info.

Again, thanks so much. There are little things that you don't think about when setting up a site, and its great that you could take the time out to help point out these things to me.

Jay

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jay.

I like your shirt designs a lot. I like the simple oriental vibe to your store a lot too. Were you responsible for the design of your site as well?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Cubfan said:
Hello Rodney,Thanks so much for the advice.
No problem. That's what we're here for :)

I initially added more info on the brand, weight of the shirts, and my girlfriend thought the info was unncecessarily confusing. But I think you're right, most buyers on the web are savvy consumers and probably want as much detail on what they are buying as possible. I'll stick with my initial instinct and your advice, and add the detailed shirt info.
I can understand her concern, however, when your website is the only contact you have with a potential customer, you have to try and answer any questions that they may want answered.

Your website is your "virtual salesman", there to answer questions while you're sleeping :) Many customers won't take the time to email (or call if you offer it) to get their questions answered.

One way to have it "both ways" would be to add the product information to separate pages of the site like "Detailed Product Information" or something like that (with navigation links back to every page of your site and all your products). Or you could add that information to each product page (recommended), by adding it at the bottom of the page and add an "anchor" link to get more info that would take the customer down to the bottom of the page where they could read more and add it to their cart or go back to the top of the page.

Again, thanks so much. There are little things that you don't think about when setting up a site, and its great that you could take the time out to help point out these things to me.
You're very welcome. I remember when I was setting up my first online t-shirt store. I had so many questions and did so many things wrong. Some stuff you just learn over time (some stuff I had to learn the hard way :) )

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jay, The site looks awesome. I love the simplicity of the design it is very effective. Your designs are cool, threadless style which I really dig.

Rodney made some great points. Here are mine as an International customer.

Do you ship outside your country?
How much does it cost to ship to the UK without having to signup through your cart?

Other things like return policies, privacy policies are all rather wanted these days to satisfy the consumer. So you might want to get those up, they don't have to be lengthy legal jargon a lot of people just write friendly understandable ones that get to the point.

Another thing can you set OSC to checkout without having to register? It is a proven thing to decrease conversion rates.

Best of luck t-shirt selling!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a couple of quick answers:

Yes, I did all the design work, I tried to keep things simple and minimal with the design.

As for the Threadless commment- I was actually inspired by Threadless, I've submitted quite a few designs there. They even chose to print 'Politics', but I decided that I'd go it alone and print it myself... thus forfeiting their $500 prize :(

Again, thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The only thing I can think of would be making the logo link back to the index; I like to click the logo to return for many sites, personally. Clean, crisp, and well done site.

I'd almost suggest raising your prices. If you already have an established customer base it would be unwise, but even $14-16 per shirt would be pretty cheap for nice unique design stuff like you've got there (Those would normally go $18-$20 from what I've seen around).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts