T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info from any users that are currently or have used any of the modles of vinyl cutters below, I have been searching for a used on online on ebay and other places and ive found some failry priced ones to start out with. I wonderif somoene in ehre can tell me if they sue any of thema nd would they be good for me to start with , and also what else would i ned after i get the cutter to officially put stuff on shirts

Roland Vinyl Cutter Camm 1 CX 24

24" VINYL CUTTER/STICKER CUTTER/PLOTTER W/STAND AND USB

34" Seiki 870T Vinyl Plotter Cutter with Vinyl & Tape

ROLAND STIKA Plus STX-8 Vinyl Design Cutter + GRAPHICS

Im new to this so i dont want to get the wrong itema nd cant use it, I also run windows xp on my computer so I wonder if that would be an issue when trying to actually make t shirt designs and all that stuff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check out the Roland GX-24 plotter. You'll also need CorelDRAW in addition to the CutStudio software included with the plotter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are none of the ones I mentioned good enough for a small time beginner like myself ?? This would be my first go at this sooo i wanna start and keep it small for now

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I like my Roland gx 24, but if all you want is to cut vinyl and don't plan to contour images.I would buy a UScutter refine and start cutting. The UScutter brand is a nice inexpensive brand to get. You can buy the more expensive one likr the Roland and you will never need to upgrade. I think it all comes down to your budget. ... JB

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love my Roland GX-24. Super low learning curve....was using it right after the quick set up. Haven't had a problem since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts