T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to tshirt sublimation printing, im using an Epson c88 with adobe 7. I cannot get the colors on the printed item to match the colors on the screen. the screen is so vibrant and pretty and the printed pictures are kind of dull and not vibrant and don't match, any tips on how to fix this situation? thank you!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hi im new to tshirt sublimation printing, im using an Epson c88 with adobe 7. I cannot get the colors on the printed item to match the colors on the screen. the screen is so vibrant and pretty and the printed pictures are kind of dull and not vibrant and don't match, any tips on how to fix this situation? thank you!
lets clear the basics.
a)Screen=RGB, Print=CMYK Google what is the difference.
b)you need ICS profile to get good colors when you print- you can get color profile with your ink provider
c)to get the exact match you need calibrators(not the cheap ones) and monitors which are more then few k...like Enzo...

my 2 cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how, where or which icc profile to get. I understand the color differences but don't understand how to get them as close as possible without spending thousands of dollars. I purchased a tshirt printing kit so I am unaware of the ink manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I don't know how, where or which icc profile to get. I understand the color differences but don't understand how to get them as close as possible without spending thousands of dollars. I purchased a tshirt printing kit so I am unaware of the ink manufacturer.
you got inks with it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it came with sublimation inks, 2 shirts, 4 mugs, a mousepad, puzzle and some phone cases. also the press has attachments for mugs and hats as well. next I would need recommendations for the best type of ink to buy when I run out

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yes it came with sublimation inks, 2 shirts, 4 mugs, a mousepad, puzzle and some phone cases. also the press has attachments for mugs and hats as well. next I would need recommendations for the best type of ink to buy when I run out
Usually people buy ink and they get ICS profile with it. Like for example Cobra inks and they get ICS profile from them.

I guess you bought all in one wonder on ebay? :)

·
Registered
450 Posts

I use a monitor calibrator called Spyder elite 5 pro. It calibrates my monitor and my printer. Great setup.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Personally I don't care about the ICS profiles most of the time.
I just adjust the colors of the image and do test prints on something cheap until I get what I like the result, regardless of what I see on the screen.

Printing multiple thumbnails using different color settings will also work, and reduce the cost of the test prints.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Okay, well, you should probably just work with what you have right now. Longer term when you need new supplies, get an ink that comes with profiles.

So for now, you can adjust the color balance in the print driver when printing (read the help for your printer and graphics application to see the relevant details). And/or, you can adjust the colors of the image itself.

More than likely your monitor is a piece of garbage, as most are, so don't expect what is on screen to match what ends up on the shirt (even with ink profiles). Anyway, tweak as needed to get the desired results. Note, you need to press the art onto an actual item in order to see the true colors, the transfer paper will look a bit different than the final item.

Note also that a computer screen has light shooting out of it. That cannot be replicated by any printing process on any medium. Tweak as needed to get something that looks good on the shirt/item, forget about the monitor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you! Yes im using a laptop, its an hp g62-367dx notebook with windows 10 64 bit., any suggestions on starting my tshirt business is greatly appreciated. I have done some tshirts and a mug.the mug came out awesome except for the coloring issue and kind of dull.
Okay, well, you should probably just work with what you have right now. Longer term when you need new supplies, get an ink that comes with profiles.

So for now, you can adjust the color balance in the print driver when printing (read the help for your printer and graphics application to see the relevant details). And/or, you can adjust the colors of the image itself.

More than likely your monitor is a piece of garbage, as most are, so don't expect what is on screen to match what ends up on the shirt (even with ink profiles). Anyway, tweak as needed to get the desired results. Note, you need to press the art onto an actual item in order to see the true colors, the transfer paper will look a bit different than the final item.

Note also that a computer screen has light shooting out of it. That cannot be replicated by any printing process on any medium. Tweak as needed to get something that looks good on the shirt/item, forget about the monitor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.