T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

I am relatively new to this industry and i am finding it hard to find local / national companies that can print me t-shirts at reasonable prices. I have looked at many techniques such as screen printing and although it may be cheaper in the long run it is not too cheap to start off with , so one day i thought that if i bought my own set up would that be a lot cheaper than getting a company to do it ?

Another question :) , one of my design consists of a black and white photo and i've seen shops like primark and topman and wondered how they get it done because im pretty much sure that you can't screen print gradients/fades . so does anyone know if it is possible and if not what is the method used ?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Junior and welcome, yes it can be done with screen printing, contact a few local print shops to see who does that kind of work and go and look at samples if they have any. DTG could also be used to do that type of print and would be cheaper for small runs.

I use vinyl mostly and plastisol transfers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Junior,

Those shirts are printed using screen print method, the fades and gradients are made up of a series of tiny dots which create that effect (see attached images). Depending on your designs/requirements screen print may still be economical even on low runs, if most of your designs are one colour for example, put a bit more info up regarding what you need!

Cheers,
Billy

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts