T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I sort of just barged right in without introducing myself. I have two kids under 5 at home and feel the need to let the poor old brain work a little again! So I've decided to try my hand at tees.

I have a very specific niche market in mind and have been working closely with a graphic designer.

I'm wondering if there are other people on this board who are targetting niches for women 30 to 45? My market is so slim that I doubt we'd be in any kind of competition.

Anyway, if anyone is out there -- I'd love to hear from you!

Alicia

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi, Alicia, I actually focus on that market also. My site displays my deco tees which are more appreciated by the older more sophisticated women. I am now trying to introduce these shirts to a few retail stores. It is not an easy market to reach but I have had great reviews on the shirts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Old Retired Guy!

I love your tees -- they are really nice. The art deco and the car tees are wonderful. I love old cars.

Can you tell me what kind of shirts you're using? I only ask because I would purchase one of your shirts, but what stops me everytime I see cool shirts is: what about the shirt quality? Too often, blank shirts aren't that great. I realize I'm in the minority on this forum and may be run out of town on a rail, but I can't find a blank shirt that impresses me.

In terms of long sleeve for winter, I found the Hanes Raglan which is fine. But other than that, I'm at a loss.

Just a tip: I'm a mom of young sons. If you put art deco trains on boys shirts -- you can spend your final years in Fiji!!! Boys these days are ALL ABOUT trains -- fueled by the Thomas craze. So if you market the train shirts to moms. . .you can start packing your bags for nice weather!!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
mmmmm, yes your right. and I have access to lots of designs of train. I have a 4.5 year old grandson who watches his train DVD over and over and over and over again. I can almost tell you every line of dialoge. I am using hanes for her lady tee shirts.
So because I can do my own web sites and hosting I may start one.. trainsteesfor boys.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is the age bracket for most of my customers, both men and women. I sell at local events where there are many people in that age group and also on Ebay. Still trying to think of an inexpensive way to market to this age group.

For womens tees I use the Bella 1001. Hanes for Her is very good too. They are the baby doll style and made from ringspun cotton. I use ssactivewear.com for the blanks.

I am currently using the Jerzees 18ZT for mens shirts. This is made with 6.0 oz. 100% combed ringspun cotton. I am also starting to use the M&O 5500 available at georgiatees.com. The M&O is 5.5 oz of ringspun. Execcent quality and much cheaper than the ZT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts