T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I found this place because I am curious about making t-shirts with a special design on them. I am an author of a book entitled "The Little Prince and His Magic Wand." When I do book signings for schools I am wishing to bring along something they can treasure besides the book. So I was thinking about taking a character from my book and placing it on a t-shirt.

I just need to know how it works... and can I do this at home ...

How much will it cost?

Here is the website incase anyone wishes to see the illustrations.

www.thespiritoftheforest.com

Misha

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Misha,
Welcome to the forum. Your options for printing the full color images onto shirts would be either with heat transfers (which you can do at home with an investment) or direct to garment printing. As your post indicates you likely have no background in the printed apparel arena. You might consider contracting out for what you want until you can justify the machines(printer, heat press) and the materials needed. You can also have someone print the transfers and buy a press to put the images on the shirts. There are many, many threads here that will answer most if not all your questions relating to whatever depth of involvement you are looking at. This whole industry is very flexible and by digging around a little you should be able to find what works best for you. What will it cost. Decent machines can run from used stuff to several thousand and up. Check out aphasupply.com or bestblanks.com or some of the members here on the boards. The options abound. Happy hunting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts