T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
i've been on this site before, but have just become a member. My husband & i own our own biz doing decals, lettering, etc... & decided to branch out into tshirts. We bought a screen printing set up on craigslist, 4 station, 4 color... lightbox/heater.... and we've tried to use it but NO LUCK!
We've got an order to fill for a club that we're involved in... can anyone help me out??
We seem to have issues burning the screens. The emulsion gets wrinkled & washes all out. we've tried doing it for up to 1 1/2 hours!!! what could we be doing wrong???
Thank you all (in advance) for your help!
nicol

· Registered
1,335 Posts
What kind of light are you using? Are you sure the emulsion is completely dry before trying to burn the screen? Try this: tape the film to the screen, cover it completely with black plastic, take it outside on a sunny day, uncover the screen with the film side facing the sun. Expose for no more than 1 minute. Cover completely, go back and wash out. If this doesn't give a fully exposed screen, nothing will. God Bless.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for posting this back to me... we have a lightbox that is using 4 25w blacklight bulbs... the guy we bought it from was using this set up & burned screens to use. I believe the emulsion is dry, as we waited at least 8 hours before burning... we then use a heavy black trash bag, & heavy black fabric to cover over the light box..... one screen looked like it was coming out ok, but had bleed thru.
How long should it take for emulsion to dry? we're coating both sides... too much?
thank you!

· Registered
1,335 Posts
I used the 4 25 watt setup at one time and it worked. 5-7 min. depending on screen mesh with screen 4" from the light.
How long for the emulsion to dry? Depends on the humidity. You don't say where you are so I don't know about the humidity there. In Mississippi, the humidity is always high. I don't have a de-humidifier, but do have air conditioner running near my drying rack. I always wait at least 24 hours and have a fan circulating air through the rack. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.