T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Maybe you guys can help.

I am looking for stock lettering. I want to place lettering on t-shirts but I don’t want to cut each letter out myself, so I was wondering if there is a company that does lettering, hopefully custom lettering. I would like to send them my font and have them make lettering that I can just peal and heat press. I found some at an arts and crafts store but they are like $5 for one set of lettering. The letters come on a page and I just peal them off and place them on the shirt and use the heat press and the shirt is done. But at $5 a sheet I only have enough lettering for maybe two shirts and that’s not worth it.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks

brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Instead of buying preprinted ganged letters, I would recommend having your custom lettering cut from vinyl. Benefits:

- everything would be properly spaced and aligned on the backer tape
- no running out of letters and no wasted extra letters
- vinyl prints are incredibly durable when pressed correctly

If you have any other questions about vinyl, let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With vinyl letting you are limited to only one color? How about the style of the lettering? Can you do intricate designs with vinyl?
How much is the whole set up for doing vinyl lettering? Since I’m not equipped for it right now what are all of the things that I’ll need to be able to do all vinyl lettering, and hopefully the best items…
thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
With vinyl letting you are limited to only one color?
no, you can do multiple colors.
How about the style of the lettering?
any style you want.
Can you do intricate designs with vinyl?
you can get very intricate.

How much is the whole set up for doing vinyl lettering?
A vinyl cutter will cost about $800-$1500

Since I’m not equipped for it right now what are all of the things that I’ll need to be able to do all vinyl lettering, and hopefully the best items…
You will need a vinyl cutter (I would reccomend 15 inch) and thermoflex vinyl. And a vector program to make your designs in.

for what you are describing, one method that would work are plasticol letter transfers. You can get them really cheap from first-edition.com . Look on the bottom of the custom transfers page, and youll see that they sell sheets of plasticol letters for .65 a sheet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts