T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am in need of some help. I am at the beginning stages of a t-shirt business and I need a little help or better yet I need input from people. I have been looking at purchasing the HIX HT400 or 600 model or the Geo Knight DK16 model. I would just like some help from people who might have had anyone of these heat presses and might have some input.

Here is a little about what I am looking at. I am planning on using this as something small just for me and friends but if things go well I am looking at turning this in to a small business. So this is where I am. I am looking for a good quality heat transfer press that would allow me to do a fairly high number of T-shirts. Cost wise I am looking between $400-1000 and if there might be anything in addition to the press that I might need.

Thanks new comer brian

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hix is generally considered the best brand of heat press, though msot brands should do well enough. You'll probably want a 15x15 printer to be able to comfortably work with most t-shirts and designs, even if you're planning on going with only 8.5x11 transfers for now.

Geo Knight presses have been known to have some electrical problems, so I'd recommend avoiding them. (Certainly not everyone with a Geo Knight press has has problems, but enough that it isn't just a coincidence. Also, it has been a known issue for years that Geo Knight refuses to address.)

·
Registered
950 Posts
You should also look into a Heat Master press. I really like mine so far. It is very well made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts