T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i use iron on and inkjet transfer papper,but the scissors r killin me, i need one bad and i have a family reunion to do 0ver 60 shirts never did that much and theres more.. but thats y i need to know b4 i buy it for no reason???ive been on this computer for weeks trya figure this out..im on 22hrs on this computer today:confused: so far tryna get info on this.. i know about the rolland but im not booming like that yet!! then ill get that but i barely got money to get the shirts..lol...but sereiously all the help and opinions, answers are much appreceiated....:)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
US Cutter Laserpoint 24 has contour cutting feature. I have one but haven't used it yet and it is a very inexpensive cutter. I got his one as a backup and it works pretty good for the price.

Hopefully someone that has used the contour cutting feature will chime in to give you their input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as I understand, US Cutter isn't getting the Laser cutters anymore. The did have some 48" cutters in stock still I beleive, but that was overkill for me. I ended up purchasing a MH871. It's a great cutter. I used it to cut PSA for my Toyota embroidery machine. I'm actually done with that project, so if the MH871 would be of value to you, let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feed bk guys. but can i use it on a inkjet transfered sheet thats not vinyl,its to heat press on a shirt..the way the roland gx sticka or smtng like that..sorry, dnt o the rite name but it cost 250 but to small...i really need to no this asap..............

·
Registered
24 Posts
You need a cutter that supports contour cutting. Some have a optical eye which will find registration marks on the print to cut. Some have a laser and the software will have you line up the laser points on the print before the cut. The US Cutter is the later type... it uses the laser with that manual process. That's why its so much cheaper. Just call US Cutter... who knows, maybe they have some in now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank u so much guys.. i sld of did this 1week an 22 hrs ago..i can sleep now..good night dont let the bed bugs bite..thanks again..and untill then...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ditto to what Roger advised, The small craftrobo should suit you just fine. No more sleepless nights.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
As far as I understand, US Cutter isn't getting the Laser cutters anymore. The did have some 48" cutters in stock still I beleive, but that was overkill for me. I ended up purchasing a MH871. It's a great cutter. I used it to cut PSA for my Toyota embroidery machine. I'm actually done with that project, so if the MH871 would be of value to you, let me know.
have you had any problems with this cutter..I have the same one I purchased about a month ago and I can not seem to be able to import or open any file on my pc or disk..I can however create text in signblazer and cut it ..but as far as opening or importing anything its a no go...any idea why?

Inked

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
have you had any problems with this cutter..I have the same one I purchased about a month ago and I can not seem to be able to import or open any file on my pc or disk..I can however create text in signblazer and cut it ..but as far as opening or importing anything its a no go...any idea why?

Inked
Do you mean that you cannot create something in say Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator, and send it to the cutter from the graphics software?

The reason it will only work in SignBlazer Elements is that there is not a printer driver for this cutter.

You would need to create your design in the graphics software and import it into SignBlazer Elements to cut.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yes..I have been designing in Illustrator and Photoshop....saving as either AI. or PSD. , I have also tried saving as eps , pdf, jpg, tiff, you name it I have tried it...I can create basic text in the signblazer elements program and cut...but can not open or import any type of file...the files dont show up in the import or open dialog box......?

Inked

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Go under File, then Import. You will then need to navigate to the directory that you saved your file in. Also, make sure that the file you are looking for is displayed in the file name section at the top. If it is not displayed it will not show up when searching.

File types supported under import are: *.dxf;*.eps;*.ai;*.bmp;*.tif;*.gif;*.pcx;*.tga;*.jpg;*.pcd;*.pct;*.psd;*.cmx;*.ps; and *.wmf

·
Registered
766 Posts
yes..I have been designing in Illustrator and Photoshop....saving as either AI. or PSD. , I have also tried saving as eps , pdf, jpg, tiff, you name it I have tried it...I can create basic text in the signblazer elements program and cut...but can not open or import any type of file...the files dont show up in the import or open dialog box......?

Inked
If you are using signblazer text must be converted to curves. If you have text it won't import. I can only get EPS to import into Signblazer if all shapes are curves/paths.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yeah , thats what I thought also...but the model cutter I purchased doesnt have that software bundled...some legal issues the rep said is why it isnt available for this cutter....so I am stuck with signblazer elements for now....are there any 3rd party cutting software that will work with this piece of sh*t?

Inked

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I cannot understand why the files are not showing up under import for you.

Are you sure you are going to the directory that you are saving it in? Also, are you sure that you exported the file to the correct format that you are looking up?

That said, another software for cutters I have heard works with US Cutters is Flexi, however I have not personally tried it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts