T-Shirt Forums banner

I'm Going to Choke My Dog to DEATH!!!!!!

7K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  marcelolopez 
#1 ·
That little M'Fer chewed up the cord to my 15x15 heat press.
I'm so mad right now. sorry for the laungage.

Well I dunno what do to now. I don't even know anyplace I can take this to get repaired.

:mad:

just kidding about the choke to death part.

don't call PETA on me or anything..

#5 ·
That little M'Fer chewed up the cord to my 15x15 heat press....I don't even know anyplace I can take this to get repaired.
Replacing a damaged electrical cord on your heat press is easy.

Go to Home Depot and get a new plug (make sure it is rated to at least 15 Amps)-- about $2.00 - $3.00.

Cut the Wire above where your pooch chewed...(that is closer to the heat press ).

Add on the new plug and you are in back business. All you need is a screw driver and a wire stripper (a scissor can do in a pinch.)

Here is an awesome link to electrical cord repair...
Replacing The Plug On An Extension Cord

Buy your dog some rawhide!:)

#12 ·
Hope the cord surgery goes well. I imagine you checked, but my heat presses run off the exact same type power cable as computers and monitors use.
They are a bit different in gauge/size.
The power source on my computer pulls 850watts while the press is rated at 1750watts. I'm certainly no electrician, but the smaller cord may not transfer enough electricity.

This thread does have me thinking though, I'm going to try and plug a computer power cord in and see if it works. BRB (possibly after a visit from the fire department :p )

#13 ·
Okay. Computer power cord is not a good idea. <yikes>

The press fires up just fine and I let it heat up to about 150 degrees before I noticed the cable getting warm to the touch. So yes, you do get enough power through for the press to function, but it could turn into a fire hazard pretty quickly.

#17 ·
Using the wrong cord can also blow a fuse, hopefully before the hot wire starts a fire. Glad you've given up on that idea. I'm surprised he didn't get shocked when he bit into the wire, unless it wasn't plugged in at the time. I have to keep my wires up and out of reach too.

#22 ·
Ok, I happen to be in home depot and I saw 2 3 prong replacment plugs with 6 foot cards attached.

One was a 14 gauge(15 amp)...the other a 16 gauge (13 amp) (seems a little too thin).
I saw on the heat press that the cord is a 12A. (I think).

I was going to get the larger cord to be on the safe side but then wasn't sure if that would kill my machine...I'm going to see if I can find the exact amp and wattage info for the press from the company. I did not see it on the machine itself.

Ken

#26 · (Edited)
A claw hammer is a device for the insertion and removal of pointed objects designed to stabilize and join pieces of wood and other plyable surfaces. Most individuals in the signage field have at least two claw hammers, for multiple purposes including, scaring off unwanted clientele, "fixing" a sign, or "fixing" a computer, although sometimes a rubber mallet is preferred for the latter for warranty purposes. The claw hammer can also oftentimes be seen in horror movies as a blunt weapon, or sharp weapon, depending on which end is used, and usually ends up sharp side in some unsuspecting 20 year old teenager's head, whom doesn't know the power of the claw hammer, and just so happens to work at Home Depot.

Edit:
The Claw Hammer is also the alias of a particular individual whom sells gigantic fruit from the back of a pickup truck on busy roads. The Claw Hammer has also been known to referee disputes arising on the baseball diamond. It is also to be believed that The Claw Hammer drank so much, that his liver was put into protective custody.

#27 ·
A claw hammer is a device for the insertion and removal of pointed objects designed to stabilize and join pieces of wood and other plyable surfaces. Most individuals in the signage field have at least two claw hammers, for multiple purposes including, scaring off unwanted clientele, "fixing" a sign, or "fixing" a computer, although sometimes a rubber mallet is preferred for the latter for warranty purposes. The claw hammer can also oftentimes be seen in horror movies as a blunt weapon, or sharp weapon, depending on which end is used, and usually ends up sharp side in some unsuspecting 20 year old teenager's head, whom doesn't know the power of the claw hammer, and just so happens to work at Home Depot.
Ha ha :D
There was a guy named Claw Hammer in my hometown who sold watermelons out by the highway from the back of his pick-up truck. He also umpired part-time and I'm pretty sure he drank full-time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.