T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok, I happen to be in home depot and I saw 2 3 prong replacment plugs with 6 foot cards attached.

One was a 14 gauge(15 amp)...the other a 16 gauge (13 amp) (seems a little too thin).
I saw on the heat press that the cord is a 12A. (I think).

I was going to get the larger cord to be on the safe side but then wasn't sure if that would kill my machine...I'm going to see if I can find the exact amp and wattage info for the press from the company. I did not see it on the machine itself.

Ken

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Why don't you call TOM at hotronix tech support?
He helped me take apart my hotronix draw press!
He is very knowledgeable and very helpful!!! :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ok, I happen to be in home depot and I saw 2 3 prong replacment plugs with 6 foot cards attached.

One was a 14 gauge(15 amp)...the other a 16 gauge (13 amp) (seems a little too thin).
I saw on the heat press that the cord is a 12A. (I think).

I was going to get the larger cord to be on the safe side but then wasn't sure if that would kill my machine...I'm going to see if I can find the exact amp and wattage info for the press from the company. I did not see it on the machine itself.

Ken
In that case you should go with the one for 15Amp. if you see one for 20Amp go with that one.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A claw hammer is a device for the insertion and removal of pointed objects designed to stabilize and join pieces of wood and other plyable surfaces. Most individuals in the signage field have at least two claw hammers, for multiple purposes including, scaring off unwanted clientele, "fixing" a sign, or "fixing" a computer, although sometimes a rubber mallet is preferred for the latter for warranty purposes. The claw hammer can also oftentimes be seen in horror movies as a blunt weapon, or sharp weapon, depending on which end is used, and usually ends up sharp side in some unsuspecting 20 year old teenager's head, whom doesn't know the power of the claw hammer, and just so happens to work at Home Depot.

Edit:
The Claw Hammer is also the alias of a particular individual whom sells gigantic fruit from the back of a pickup truck on busy roads. The Claw Hammer has also been known to referee disputes arising on the baseball diamond. It is also to be believed that The Claw Hammer drank so much, that his liver was put into protective custody.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A claw hammer is a device for the insertion and removal of pointed objects designed to stabilize and join pieces of wood and other plyable surfaces. Most individuals in the signage field have at least two claw hammers, for multiple purposes including, scaring off unwanted clientele, "fixing" a sign, or "fixing" a computer, although sometimes a rubber mallet is preferred for the latter for warranty purposes. The claw hammer can also oftentimes be seen in horror movies as a blunt weapon, or sharp weapon, depending on which end is used, and usually ends up sharp side in some unsuspecting 20 year old teenager's head, whom doesn't know the power of the claw hammer, and just so happens to work at Home Depot.
Ha ha :D
There was a guy named Claw Hammer in my hometown who sold watermelons out by the highway from the back of his pick-up truck. He also umpired part-time and I'm pretty sure he drank full-time.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The claw hammer is also known as the micro registration on many presses.
Wow i'm sorry to read about the cord being chewed. A good thing it was not plugged in. I hope your able to get it repaired soon.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts