T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

I'm developing T-Shirt customizer with PHP backend.

As far as i saw from forum discussions there is no software that can render transparent images ready fro printing, so i took care about that too. I've created scripts that allow me to render high resolution images automatically on the server without any virtual PDF printers and stuff like that.

Right now customizer is almost finished and i want to gain some opinions about my tool, so everybody welcome to become my beta-testers, i will be very appreciated for any kind of feedback.

You can take a look at my creation here: http://customizer.ansata.biz and post your comments here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, anyone, please help me with your feedback about the program, it will be really helpful.
I really need it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
First of all welcome to the forums :)

Well here it goes:

1. The big difference between this and other shirt creators is the speed and responsiveness. I'm not sure how that will be later down the road with added server load and things like that but for now it's got all others beat in that category.

2. Try adding a few more imprint locations. I see you have the standard front & back locations but you could add "locations within locations" such as a pocket area print location within the front location box. Other locations you could add are sleeve imprint locations etc,..

3. You could also add width and height handles. I see that you have corner handles limiting the size and keeping the artwork in proportion. A lot of people don't like to be constrained on the sizing side and they may want to stretch the image taller or wider without worrying about proportions.

4. Maybe try to implement a "Upload your own art" feature. It's very helpful for the customer when they can upload their own artwork. Granted it may look like crap and not be usable for printing but that's where you can put some limitations on the file uploads. Maybe allow people to only upload certain files like .ai, .eps etc,.

5. How would a customer access their saved design if they had exited out of the designer? I don't see the option anywhere. The only thing I see that comes close to that is that whenever you finish design you can browse previously saved designs. Maybe have something like that at the very beginning of the application if the software detects that user? Or possibly user login to keep track of users?

I'm sure I'll have more suggestions/feedback as I play with it some more but for now this is what sticks out to me.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great thanks for your reply. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

The problems about other applications available on the market is that their developers are not very professional within programming, so applications are often buggy and weak.

My tool is only early demo stage and it also has bugs, but i hope with your assistance and feedback i will be able to reduce their amount before release. I'm a developer by myself and have some experience in developing high quality fash and flex applications.

Now i want to determine which kind of features are mostly requested to provide a good solutions suitable for large number of T-Shirt entrepreneurs.

I'm also wondering which business model to choose, what do you think is better for customers:
1. Provide whole system to the customers for a fixed price (maybe different packages)
2. Provide my software as a service for a monthly fee. Thus we will be able releasing regular updates and keep the system clean, provide cutomers with the nice and clean CMS and API which will allow to integrate our tool to any website within minutes.

Let me know your thoughts on that.

By the way uploadin images is already available, you can find it if you will try to add image (3rd button from the top at tools panel). There is upload custom image buttonat the bottom of catalog window.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just my 2 cents. A lot of these software's are very expensive (from what I have read). There are a lot of small timers that are looking for this but nobody will give them the time of day. If you could find a scenario where you could give it away (open source/freeware type of thing) or make it very affordable but somehow drive some revenue your way you could see a huge return just because of the number of implementations. As a person that used to work for a software company, SAAS is a good way to get sales and keep your profit coming in on a continual basis (better for you).

I think that many already have a site and would just want to easily integrate this in with their site. I would make sure that it could easily integrate with Wordpress & Joomla, maybe Drupal and of coarse HTML/CSS sites.

·
Registered
73 Posts
..... If you could find a scenario where you could give it away (open source/freeware type of thing) or make it very affordable but somehow drive some revenue your way you could see a huge return just because of the number of implementations.

I think that many already have a site and would just want to easily integrate this in with their site. I would make sure that it could easily integrate with Wordpress & Joomla, maybe Drupal and of coarse HTML/CSS sites.
To fix the revenue stream issue, off the customer the ability to pay you a one time license fee for the domain of his/her choice. Anyone who wants to just use it for free should be able to, but should also prominently display your website link to drive ad revenue on your site.

I would definitely think about integrating this. Solid work from scratch and you aren't already trying to sell it for 2k per yr.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone who provided valuable feedback. At last my project looks like thing that might be useful and interesting to real customers.

From all your comments i got that most important points are next:
1. SaaS with monthly fee is better then selling whole package, so i guess we will need to build a service
2. Current flash application is already good enough for the first release. (I mean features set).
3. We need to take care about ease of integration with most popular web systems. As for beginning there should be a Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress modules.

I also have a great list of featurest that can be implemented from MX1CAN

Maybe anyone has anything to add? Let me know your thoughts.

And the last. If anyone want to keep a track on our progress and maybe interested in getting regular updates, please feel free to post your emails as private message to me. I will create a group in my outlook and will try to keep all of you posted. For now there will be no automatic emailing and i will do emailing manually. Once automatic newsletters will appear i will request if you want to receive them too.

And of course i will be glad if anyone will agree to communicate with me directly, try out upcoming test versions and help improving our product, in other words is there anyone who want to become a beta-tester?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, maybe someone who already has completed web-store can let me and my colleagues to examine it from inside?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not get far - the edits tools are on the wrong side of the t-shirt. It is totally backwards from most tools.
Hello On-line Jerseys. Thanks for your feedback.

Is the wrong side only one thing that disturbs you, maybe there is anything else that you would like to be changed?

Application layout is not final, it is just a first demo prototype and i guess we will change the graphics design and layout in the future.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I think this is a very promising tool. I personally like the layout on the left and I don't think that matters what side it's on. Some folks may be used to seeing it on the right but it shouldn't matter. I like the darker color and scroll design as well.

Some things I would sugguest (not show stoppers) but perhaps for your next release or upgrade would be the following:
1)For "Add Image" button when the window pops up I would change the wording from "Upload Custom Image" to upload your own image and make it larger so it is not missed.
2) Put a close "X" so that it appears on an image or or vector clipart when placing it onto the shirt in addtion to using the trash button.
3) Flexible boundry box setting by admin in the backend so that folks can make it the size they want. For me I can use full front and back so it's ok but would be a nice addtion.
4) You currently have Front/Back I would add optional Left/Right side. For instance I'm offering Hoodies with left/right Hood print option. Again not a show stopper but some folks like to print on the sleeves as well.
5)Add a "Zoom Out" Tool as it took me awhile to figure out how to Zoom back out once you where Zoomed in. I finally found the "Scale Button to zoom back out by adjusting the overall scale. To make it more intuitive for the novice user I would place the Zoom Out tool right next to the Zoom-in tool. Looks like room to do that.
6) Make the Save Button for future editing optional for admin.

I have more but I sent you a PM. I'm intertested in implementing this on my "Almost ready to go Live" site right now for testing. I need intregration into PayPal or perhaps ZenCart to PayPal. We can talk about it more.

Finally, I would offer both monthly or yearly lease and also the option to Purchase the Tool. An online Forum and Support ticket would be nessesary. Typically most answers get answered on Forums or FAQ's but Support is nessesary to help folks to get setup.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hi.

I'm developing T-Shirt customizer with PHP backend.

As far as i saw from forum discussions there is no software that can render transparent images ready fro printing, so i took care about that too. I've created scripts that allow me to render high resolution images automatically on the server without any virtual PDF printers and stuff like that.

Right now customizer is almost finished and i want to gain some opinions about my tool, so everybody welcome to become my beta-testers, i will be very appreciated for any kind of feedback.

You can take a look at my creation here: http://customizer.ansata.biz and post your comments here.
Good to see another T-shirt designer coming into the market. I really do like the functions you have implemented already! It looks extremely promising.

Re the other designers not rendering transparent print read files. That's not exactly true. The common designers do this already. I know my RSK Netshirt renders transparent .png files that I can print right away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Micheal
We are just now putting a website together for my company. this could be useful if the costs are not out there. What price point are you looking at. And will I be able to customize it to my site.

Thanks
Darrell
Jalapeno Ink

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am really liking this tool. Especially because you have the flexibility to add other products like signs. I have been looking for a tool with this flexibility for years that is reasonably priced.

features I would add to increase your potential clients.

1. It would absolutely have to export in svg or pdf format for sign makers to use it. Especially for vinyl lettering to be cut on a plotter.

2. It would be nice to have the customer to choose the sign size. For instance choose a banner and then a list of sizes available from a drop down menu and then have the product size accordingly.

3. Handle quantity pricing for shirts as well as signs and other products. The shirts would require fields for all the different sizes available. Other products can probably get a way with just quantity pricing breaks that could be predetermined.

4. One a customer has made a design. Allow them to save it and place it on other products and add it to their shopping cart.

5. Customization so that it won't look cookie cutter on every company site that has it.

I could probably think of a few more... but you are on the right track and I'm excited. As far as pricing I would be flexible. Allow a monthly rental and a license purchase that you could even allow the customer to install themselves. You can charge for support separately. Make the license yearly that includes updates and support. Stay away from order limitations and commissions. Thats a big turn off. You may need to have limitations if your do the monthly rental because of server load and internet costs.

I am looking to do something very soon. I would appreciate if you could keep me updated on your progress and pricing plans.

Hope this helped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts