T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Every time Mac has an update and Adobe has an update I scramble to download and install the Cut Studio extension. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to download to the new Illustrator 2020. So frustrating. I have a little Cricut maker that behaves nicer.

I think I should just sell this Roland GX-24 and use the Cricut. I think they hate Mac.

Thanks in advance,

Heidi

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello!

Every time Mac has an update and Adobe has an update I scramble to download and install the Cut Studio extension. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to download to the new Illustrator 2020. So frustrating. I have a little Cricut maker that behaves nicer.

I think I should just sell this Roland GX-24 and use the Cricut. I think they hate Mac.

Thanks in advance,

Heidi
HEIDI: One very easy thing you can do is create a separate virtual machine within your MAC hard drive. That way you can run Catalina or whatever you want on your main operating system and an earlier operating system like Mojave or whatever you want on your virtual machine. You can then run your Roland from the virtual machine. You can do this easily with Parallels, and there might be other virtual machines that will work, but I have created my virtual machine with Parallels. If you have any questions, you can go to the Parallels website or ask their tech support for help. RE Illustrator, go to your settings for Illustrator and set your preferences so that automatic updates are not applied to your Adobe products if you do not want them to be updated. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HEIDI: One very easy thing you can do is create a separate virtual machine within your MAC hard drive. That way you can run Catalina or whatever you want on your main operating system and an earlier operating system like Mojave or whatever you want on your virtual machine. You can then run your Roland from the virtual machine. You can do this easily with Parallels, and there might be other virtual machines that will work, but I have created my virtual machine with Parallels. If you have any questions, you can go to the Parallels website or ask their tech support for help. RE Illustrator, go to your settings for Illustrator and set your preferences so that automatic updates are not applied to your Adobe products if you do not want them to be updated. Hope this helps you.
Heidi: Just so that last post does not confuse the issue for you, Catalina does not support 64 bit applications, but Mohave does. If you create a virtual machine and install Mohave on that virtual machine, you can run 32 bit applications. There might be other reasons why you cannot run your Roland software on Catalina, but if they ran OK on Mohave for you before you upgraded to Catalina, they should run OK on the virtual machine. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello!

Thanks in advance,

Heidi
Trick you into buying a new more expensive Mac. A lot of companies is not upgraded to 64 bit software right this minute it take time and money. Apple charged a lot of money for their codes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.