T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Creative Suite.

In the tradition of OSX and FFX2 I guess they wanted to get away from using too large a number for their software version and switched. Hence Photoshop CS, and now CS2, etc.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
CS2 = a now fully functioning Live Trace!

As a designer, I can't think of anything better (and it alone is a reason to upgrade).

·
2,957 Posts
I agree. Live trace has to be great. I never purchased cs, I've just been running photoshop and ulead's photoimpact. I put CS2 on my christmas list. Hopefully Santa (the wife) will be kind enough to get it for me! Has anybody tried CS or CS2? How good is it? With the price being so high, is it better to pay a little more and get the premium?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
It's great alone for that function. For the price though....eeek. I got mine on an educational license, so pretty cheap. Retail though....I'm not sure.

·
2,957 Posts
That educational license may be the way to go. I'm taking an advanced computer graphics class for my degree, and was able to purchase photoshop for my regular computer graphics class that way. Thanks for the reminder. Standard version:$900
Educational version:$300. Maybe I'll get you a christmas gift with the $600 you saved me!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
I agree. Live trace has to be great. I never purchased cs, I've just been running photoshop and ulead's photoimpact. I put CS2 on my christmas list. Hopefully Santa (the wife) will be kind enough to get it for me! Has anybody tried CS or CS2? How good is it? With the price being so high, is it better to pay a little more and get the premium?
I currently have CS. I bought the entire thing for $20 from some guy in my class. Gotta love illegal file sharing. I do websites using Dreamweaver so i've never used GoLive and the InDesign was in German so i've never tried that either. I live by Illustrator (first) and Photoshop as well.

Illustrator has this trace function that seems to do me fine, monkey can you elaborate on the changes for that specific feature?

I did check out the new features and they look pretty neat - New Features. The CS2 Premium Educational version is about $495 CDN so I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Overall, if only for Illustrator and Photoshop, I think its a valuable software package for any designer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts