T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I guess I'm a moron, because I bought a new Illumapress heat press off a guy on craig's list. it did appear to be new, totally sealed in box, etc. but, when I opened it and turned it on, it freaked out. I set the temperature and it began heating (the green light came on, and "L" appeared on the temp. gauge). Within a few seconds, the machine shut itself off and the numbers on the temperature gauge starting going all over the place, flashing 575 then 134, that sort of thing. Then, it wouldn't turn back on again. So, am I screwed? Can it be fixed? Should I bother?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It should have a fuse Did it come with any manuals?
some machines have a resettable fuse and other have fuses that you have to replace I would look the thang over and see what you find
Dont give up yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
hate to admit it but i have also fallin victim to this press. mine worked for about 3weeks but ive had problems durring that time. prints i bought off of proworld wont transfer. i set the press to 385 let it pre heat for about 10min and press but it doesnt even partially transfer. mine just started jumping in temp. today though. it jumped to over 500 when i was trying to press a shirt.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The first press I got was a illumapress too, now there are some good ones out there,, we have just gotten the bad ones.. MIne spiked in heat too, and then quit, and here it sits,, I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to take these top plated off and put a different one on. I also own a sunie that has paid for itself over and over and over, and a mighty press.
If i know i can get a replacement plate , and figure out where the reset button is,, i would redo this baby,,,, for sure.
Or where the fuse is located

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Numbers jumping all over the place sounds very bad. Never owned a digital press, but my first guess would be fried wiring.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
All i have to say is those illuma presses [email protected]#!. My buddy had one and the same thing happened fried once it got pluged in. And i also heard a lot of people here on the board complainting about these presses. I don't know why this company is still in biz.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All i have to say is those illuma presses [email protected]#!. My buddy had one and the same thing happened fried once it got pluged in. And i also heard a lot of people here on the board complainting about these presses. I don't know why this company is still in biz.

thanks guys, i was about to inquire about one on craigslist too...
probably would have seriously considered it until now..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts