T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some designs that has Paul Frank-esque characters. I've been using Photoshop my whole life and still am with the new CS2. But I've noticed alot of the people making clear-cut clean designs are using Illustrator. Would it make a difference concerning the image quality and what not when its printed?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Two different programs that work together. Edit your image, then take it to Illy for other final touches. Some things are better done in one than the other. Like set up a photo, clean the image and get the contrast, etc done in PS. Then take it into Illy for live trace or to add the text. The vector features in Illy... can't live without them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well since they're both Adobe products, they're very compatible. Photoshop is a Raster application which uses pixels & Illustrator is vector based, which makes it "resolution independant". You can resize without distortion. Actually create nice brushlike blends & gradients like in PS using the gradient mesh! It takes a while to master, but it's worth it if you don't have both Illus. & PS. I usually create in Ill. & add special fx in PS.

Narc72

·
Registered
11 Posts
NARC72 said:
they're very compatible. Photoshop is a Raster application which uses pixels & Illustrator is vector based, which makes it "resolution independant". You can resize without distortion. Actually create nice brushlike blends & gradients like in PS using the gradient mesh!

Narc72
I didn't know this. Thank u!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts